Sunday, January 20, 2008

uPay, iSleep

Was dining with a friend (lets call her Miss X) over some yummilicious ethic food. Another couple was seated on the table next to us. They were almost done and the guy asked for the check. The server comes up with the check and this is the conversation which follows as the girl starts taking out her card/cash.

"I got it", says the guy.

"No! Let me pay my share" says the girl. "No, its ok". "It is not ok. I want to pay my share", says the girl again.

This to and fro continues for a while, till the girl seems to get mighty pissed. However it seems the guy has eventually won the battle and calls the server over.

"Its not happening", she says, "I know why you are doing this. I am not going to sleep with you."

The server seems to keep a mighty straight face as he picks up the check and walks away. And also walks away the girl. And the poor guy is left in a confused state of whether to wait for his credit card and sign off, or pursue her. He does the former and then runs out with a "Can you believe that" kinda look.

Miss X and I are trying to keep a straight face and control bursting out into loud laughter amidst all this. I ask the server for our check and once it arrives she takes out her wallet.

"Ok, if thats what you want", I say. "You pay and I'll let you sleep with me."

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!!!!! And what did Miss.X say to that?

January 21, 2008 3:38 AM  
Blogger Still Searching said...

Haha! Priceless! :) What did she say? I'd love to hear that and/or see her face at that moment! :))

(and yes, I'm unemployed on a monday morning! yippee!)

January 21, 2008 8:23 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream said...

I've heard of baby food, dog food, cat food... heck even genetically modified food... but what on earth is ethic food??!! Now they have to resort to this??!! tch tch :P

January 21, 2008 8:30 AM  
Blogger Neetal said...

Oh, HO ! Oye HO ! Apna HOshi ...Oops sorry Joshi HOshiyaar banelaga ! that was embarassingly funny....

I am sure after looking at Bill and your hoshiyaar... apt to the moment comment... she must have axed all the future thought going out with you ...to have ethnic food.

Kiyan Joshi... Itni muskil se ladki milti hai... and you just open your mouth... Alas !!!!!

January 21, 2008 11:58 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Ideasmith: Some things are better left unsaid

#Searching: Unemployed on a Monday morning... and yet up by 8 AM? Sad! Very sad!

#Dewdrop: LOL. It was supposed to be ethnic food.... but heck, ethic sounds mysterious.

#Neetal: Tut tut tut... you and your conclusions! Always wrong!

January 21, 2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

lol!!! :) And was Apoo reduced to cinders thru smoldering eyes or ...?

January 22, 2008 1:31 PM  
Blogger Still Searching said...

Yeah, I forgot to reset the alarm to suit a holiday instead of a weekday :( Such is life..

January 22, 2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Lovemarks: With my track record and lousy looks... what do ya think? :P

#Searching: Ha! Good! At least gives us slaves some consolation!

January 25, 2008 12:24 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

Can u imagine the amount that woman would've laughed at ur expressions and the one on the server's face if it was all planned??

January 26, 2008 2:44 AM  
Blogger Solitaire said...

This is too funny!!
BTW, I used to live in Michigan too.
Where in MI are you?

January 28, 2008 1:40 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Zee: Now only you could think of something like that!

#Solitaire: Thank you. You used to live in MI and you survived??? I need tips!! I live around the Grand Rapids area (west side)

January 28, 2008 9:34 PM  
Blogger Tazeen said...

hahahaha,

a quip like that will get you somewhere. Keep at it and you will see the light.

March 26, 2008 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home