Monday, May 05, 2008

Jesus

The more I come across these weird fanatics, the more I think I should invest in.... an iPod.

I am sitting in the sauna, you know those ten minutes of peace after an hour of exercise, when this guy sits next to me.

He:
Are you from India?

Me:
(nods yes)

He: Can I tell you about Jesus?
Me: No, thank you. I know about Jesus.
He:
Do you know Jesus bleeds for us?


And then he keeps going on and on about Jesus.

Now I am fine with all this. Sitting through four years of engineering has taught me how to stare into open space and completely shut off from the world (world = professor lecturing on electromagnetic force). And while Mr. Preacher goes on and on, I am slipping into blank mode where I even refuse to acknowledge him.


This, till he out of nowhere goes, "The Muslims, they have got it all wrong. Islam is..."

Before he can go on, I give him the thousand yard angry look and say, "I am Muslim", and look away.


What follows is silence for a few seconds. Then he says, "Even the Hindus, they have got it all wrong. They worship too many Gods"

I inwardly smile and seriously contemplate between a $200 iPod and a $250 hand gun.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Neetal said...

Get the Shuffle if you are planning on using it for gym... it cheap and it Clips anywhere you want!

& Next time tell him you are Jew :D
hehe.... And then let us know what happens to you :D

May 06, 2008 1:06 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

Everyone's got it all wrong.

Religions have outlasted their usefulness.

May 06, 2008 2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of 'I am Muslim'; you could have tried, 'I am Jesus'. I wonder what reaction that would have evoked!

May 06, 2008 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Religion has been messed up BIG time!!

btw...u shld really try Brad's suggestion next time :)

May 06, 2008 1:22 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 06, 2008 2:34 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I comPLEtely agree with Bird! Wow!

you should've mentioned that one parent was muslim and the other hindu! :D

May 06, 2008 2:35 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Soham: Thanks. You did eh? Hmmmm.... they are all over!

#Neeku: Ummm.... no thank you. Next time I'll jes shoot =D

#Bird: Very true. I agree with you my friend.

#Brad: LOL! Damn! Why didnt I think of that one!

#Illusion: Yeah! Hopefully I wont come across any more psychos that I'll have to try out Brads suggestion. But if I do, I sure will :)

#Sonia: Yeah, that would be like creating conversation with him and he would keep jumping one religion to the other. I still prefer the gun :D

May 06, 2008 10:50 PM  
Blogger Tazeen said...

//Instead of 'I am Muslim'; you could have tried, 'I am Jesus'. I wonder what reaction that would have evoked!//

that was peaches, still laughing my ass off.

PS: If you had an ipod, you could have just switched it on and never needed to contemplate buying a handgun.

May 07, 2008 1:43 AM  
Blogger Over Rated said...

i think it's time apple came up with an iGun ....

May 10, 2008 4:54 AM  
Blogger Zee said...

can i borrow the gun pls??

May 15, 2008 1:27 PM  
Blogger KM said...

ok very random but i used the "i am muslim" bit.
except i did it to freak out the breakfast staff at Taj lands end...they put Ham in my innocently ordered cheese and mushroom omelette!
:P
i did the whole wide eyed violated muslim bit.
i almost had the manager and the chef pass out at my feet.lol.

June 11, 2008 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home