Sunday, July 27, 2008

Employee Discount

Have you ever tried the Chinese food they serve at the mall? Its consistently bad. A total rape of Chinese food. And all Americans fall for it. On any given day you'll find a line as long as the Great Wall of China waiting for their turn of General Tso chicken. Traditionally I have always been interested in the free samples handed out. But sometimes I am overcome by this urge for American Chinese food (perhaps each time I feel they might have improved, or it just reminds me of the Indian Chinese on the streets of Bombay) and I indulge in some. Today was one such fine day.

As I get to the cashier, she looks up at me, punches in some numbers and this is the conversation which follows:

She: "After employee discount, it's $2.79"
Me: "I am not..... (pause) ....here is $3.00"

So I am spending the rest of my Sunday trying to analyze if

1. I look Chinese?
2. I have been hanging out a little too much at the mall?
3. I have been working at the Chinese food place and am unaware of the same?
4. I can get equally lucky when purchasing an over-the-top out-of-budget jacket from the Armani Exchange?

#3 looks more of a possibility!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Solitaire said...

Maybe she did NOT say "employee discount" and you heard it that way!

July 27, 2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger Neetal said...

Solitaireben: He heard it right yaar !

Saachu kei che... Apoo moonlights partime as a cashier for Panda Express ! he was contemplating all this time ... thought it might appear NOT that impressive... but then finally he jumped out of the window and told his truth !

July 28, 2008 1:45 AM  
Blogger Scribblers Inc said...

Heck, Iron Man can-NOT be Chineeese!!you only could be an em- plo-yeeee.Strange thought indeed.

Scribblers Inc.

July 28, 2008 2:36 AM  
Blogger Tazeen said...

Ironman had che cushoins and chinese are former maoists gonr confused capitalist and the lunar patterns suggests that George W must be behind .....


ah forget it

must be number 3.

Apoo must have been sleep walking to work at chinese place

July 28, 2008 3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude tht was my plan ... wrk in closing shift at a chinese place or indian pl ...for dinner ... damn u ....
Amit

August 10, 2008 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home