Friday, September 19, 2008

Dog Wars: Revenge Of The Bitch

Some things never change. Dogs chased me then, dogs chase me now! In fact, its become a routine.

I jog every other day around the block and there is this one dog who chases me the entire length of his lawn (thank God for electric fences). Its 15 seconds when we are running parallel, 3 meters from each other. Its like he is almost waiting there, everyday, 6 PM, thinking "Where is that fat Indian asshole? Just, where is he?!" And as I make an appreance, he does his little canine gig!

Another half a mile into my run and there is a stretch of houses, each one with a dog. So when I run past them its like a dogs musical. The first dog will let out a bark which will warn the others to line up. Within a fraction of a second, each one is out on his/her lawn, growling, barking, randomly running to and fro trying to get a piece of me. There is a miniature pinscher which might be as big as my palm, but likes to come out and bark at me as I run through. Sometimes I wonder if I went running at 6 AM, it would wake up the entire neighborhood.

In the past I have thought of making a movie (or perhaps a reality show) on these dogs (or bitches?) chasing me around and calling it Dog Wars: Revenge Of The Bitch (ripped off from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith). Why do I feel most of America is crazy enough to tune in to a live feed of an Indian running in Michigan, and being chased by dogs. Perhaps every dog could have a number and they could take bets as to which one will break through the electric fence and have a piece of me! Or perhaps I am just going crazy!

Today as I walked into the main entrance of my apartment, I noticed a flock of Geese standing right there, staring at me. I tried to shoo them away but they would not budge. And when I got too close, they tried to attack me! So here I was, being chased by Geese (those birds are mighty cool tho'. They put their head down and come straight at ya!).

I tell ya, I am so a candidate for prime-time NBC reality shows!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing Apoo, he'd get chased by a dog if he's on his treadmill @ home

Trackback here - Wrap my doggie up for more Apoo Doggy Chronicles.

September 19, 2008 6:25 AM  
Blogger the free spirit said...

Being chased by dogs is no fun I know for a fact:(...When I was young I had that effect on dogs as well but now they just love me...hmmm maybe US dogs are just more civilized or not. How bout give them each a doggie treat as for the tiny dog...i hate those nasty dog wannabes blahhhh

September 19, 2008 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs used to hate me when i was a kid...n tat made them even more terrifyin....

now we have reached a pact...i aint scared..n they dont bother me...

n i do think Americans would be keenly interested in a show like the one u have planned!

September 20, 2008 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home