Friday, July 28, 2006

Grand... Is Not The Word

7th to 10th July, 2006, the NRI-Nanguys met half-way across the country. In my journey as a kiddo to adulthood, I have made many friends. Some have really stuck with me through thick and thin. Nanguys come into that category.

So here I was, with the NRI branch. Adit, Pals and me. And since you all know, Pals is known as the Rain-God. Where he goes, it rains.

This time was no different. We landed in Las Vegas by 10 PM, hopped into a rather uncomfortable coupe and drove out of Sin-City. After an all night drive, we reached the outskirts of the Canyon by 7 AM. A very spectacular drive from Vegas to Tusayan. Not a soul to be found on the freeway. I mean, not so much as a rest-area for miles. But as we got closer to Tusayan and the sun started to peek out, the sight was breathtaking. Also, a huge Elk greeted us outside our hotel and I knew I was in for a ball of a time.

Image 2Image 2


My first view of the Canyon from Mather Point. This thing is really Grand. You have to be there to see it (or click the photo to enlarge) and feel the 'grandness'




Awesome snap of Bakshi... it almost looks unreal. Like a movie set. I glad he didnt keep walking. Heh!




The Colorado river flowing through the Canyon and me, awaiting the sunrise.

Image 2Image 2


Not to make this a extrahumungouslylong post, I have decided to cut it into three parts. So more coming up soon....

9 Comments:

Blogger Madame Mahima said...

nice pictures! the dude in orange is a mega huge spoiler tho..crop him out
:P

July 28, 2006 1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you going to post the pictures of the REAL SHOW STOPPER (rain man)

July 28, 2006 3:54 AM  
Blogger exclusively_me said...

nice pics...! nicer camera..! and what ..? No rest room for miles...? ouch..! ;)

July 28, 2006 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww im in love....awesome place

July 28, 2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Mahi: With the good comes the bad... such is the norm!

#Iyer: Thats for part 3. Save the best for the last, altho I assume Abhi/Alap have shown u the very scandalous snaps I transferred to them, of the Rain Man

#exclusive: thank you thank. And you forgot to add - "Nicest photographer" :P

#Winz: I knew it! I knew I shouldnt have posted pics of me. Then all this falling in love wouldnt happen.

July 28, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

ok, now i'm curious about the rain man!could you get straight to part 3?

July 29, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

WOW!!!

Super Pics!!!

waiting for the update....

:)

KJ

July 30, 2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Sonia: I am gonna hook u up with him. Just kidding!

#KJ: Your wish, my command

July 30, 2006 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awaiting sunrise??? wat time were u all there, cant be 7am right??

July 31, 2006 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home