Sunday, April 09, 2006

Daylight Savings. Axe Effect.

Sunday night, the clock moves ahead by an hour. Which means, more daylight. Yes, when I get off work, I dont drive around in darkness, but drive around in sun light. I dont need to switch my headlights on. I like it. But this also means, my body clock, which is programmed to be up by 8, now has to be up by 7 (well, its 8, but remember, everythings gone ahead by an hour). And so as things shoud be, I dont get up by 8, but by 9, and I dont reach work by 9, but by 10. And my boss gives me a you ought to be fired look.

Why, cant we have things the way I see them to be.

Last week of October, when we turn our clocks back by an hour at some odd hour on Sunday - why not turn our clocks back by 25 hours at the same odd hour on a Sunday? So what does this mean? We get an extra day off. 2 Saturdays in a row. And the body gets an extra day to adjust to an effective one hour shift back in time (apart from the fact that everyone gets another Saturday night to get drunk).

Now you all are asking me, "How the hell do you account for this extra day Apoorva? How? Will a year have 366 days now?"

No. Peace. Behold.

Come first week of April, instead of turning your clocks ahead by an hour, you turn them ahead by 25 hours. But, this you do on a Thursday nite. So you see whats happening? You entirely skip your Friday at work and end up on Friday night. So you party Friday night and Saturday night and get used to the one hour shift in time.

Viola. Aint I brilliant?





Axe - Recovery. Yes, this very shower gel. Dont try it, unless you like electral. Yup. Remember Electral? That powdered packet we used to get in our childhood, which you mix with water and drink (was it usually after u have gone about puking all over the place?) Axe recovery smells just like Electral. And I made the mistake of buying it (without testing it), so everyday I head to office smelling of Electral.

Anyways, to negate this smell, I use Axe - Unlimited deo. (Tried and tested - and approved). And now I know how Axe makes all its money!!

And those who havent figured it out, daylight saving and the axe effect are not linked.

13 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

lol..this was like the most random post ever by you! :p

April 09, 2006 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me thinks axe and dst are related ...

hmm .. what are we talking about again?

April 09, 2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

And to think of it, I actually believed you when you said that you don't do drugs!

About using the Axe body wash, why don't you trash it and buy a new one :-/ *really confused* instead of using it everyday!??

April 10, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Demi: I dont think I am ever meeting you, since I have heard about your head-chopping tendency!

#Medha: Its not random. Read it again. Someday u'll get it!

#Abhi: U too. Read the post again!

#Mahi: Its better than being in denial and saying people around you are the ones who stink... while u's the stinkah!

#Brad: I am too cheap. And broke! If I throw it away and buy a new one, I exceed my budget!

April 11, 2006 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pen hai?

April 12, 2006 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too painful..

April 13, 2006 5:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Read the post twice but couldnt figure out the link. Mebbe its becos I dont have an IQ of Einstien :-)
My turn to be conficus oops confused

April 14, 2006 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude when I read the heading of yur blog I thought its another stupid blog of yurs ...telling us to use AXE deo when we miss yur bath in the morning due to time saving ....n was expecting a video ...of the same ...damn I hope I havn't given u a thought here ...
Should say ...yur blog sucks big time ...
N have lost its originality uniqueness and anything tht was good in it ....

There now I feel better.
Amit

April 14, 2006 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mahima When did u smell appu ...plz may I ask ?
Beacuse u r right he does smell like a PIG.....

Amit

April 14, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

hha
cool post
nice blog
lol

April 15, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Regardless of how you smell, think your brilliant personality will shine take precedence and shine thru the stink.

Heh.

April 16, 2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Joshi saheb, lavkar navin post liha ki...

April 20, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger That Girl said...

thanks for dropping by my blog!.... yeah i remember the daylight savings we had to switch to when i was in Canada... drove me up the wall! coz i kept forgetting!! hehe.. AXE IS awesome!! my husband uses it!! and i agree!! lol..hehad to also lug around a packet of electral AS WELL! during the wedding. his tummy ran away!!

April 22, 2006 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home