Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How The Net Won Me Over (Again)

I had once pledged of staying away from the net. And was very successful at it. And as time went by, the late nights were gone. No more sitting in a leather chair staring at pixels all over the screen. It was to bed by 9 PM, up by 0430 hrs. Hit the gym, work, head back home, catch up on some reading, cooking and lights off.

Brilliant! The halo around my head was back.

Till disaster struck.

I decided to take my outdoor-si-ness and fat burning measures to a different level and decided to wash my car, inside out in the summer heat. That too without a cap. For a good 3 hours. After which for a whole week I ended up with a high body temperature (ok, I am hot, but this was different) and a splitting headache which wouldnt stop. So much that I had to take a few days off work and stay home. No TV, no internet. I was driven crazy by the end of this week.

Then today as I was home, someone knocks on my door. Its the cable guy.

He: "Are you Mr. Trinidad?"
Me: "Nope. But I think he lived here before me."
He: "Oh, so he left and didnt disconnect his cable. You have been enjoying free cable and internet for 4 months?"
Me: "Huh... you mean all this time, I had cable, no wait, FREE cable, and I didnt use it?"
He: "Well, I am here to disconnect it. But before I do, I wanna ask you if you want the connection since its already there...."

So now I am back on the WWW. There are some signs which I shouldn't ignore. Falling ill, cable guy showing up without me asking him.... God wants me to have access to the web! And He wants you guys to suffer reading my blog.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try opening the cupboard or somethin and maybe you'd find some free booze (i hope you are still off booze) and that would be like rubbing salt on the wound man :)

June 14, 2006 1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahhh yes, but pain is pleasure, non? ;P

June 14, 2006 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things that Satan does.

- The Cable Guy.

June 14, 2006 5:33 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

3 hours in the sun and you fall sick. I've lost all respect 4u...

June 14, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer: I am back on booze.... cant stay away from the spirits for too long!

#Yvy: Hmmm.... then I promise thee more pleasure!

#Brad: LOL.

#Amit/Anjali*: Dont ask. I was surprised too. I think I am growing old... touching 60 perhaps!

June 14, 2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Amey Bordikar said...

Apoo ... this post had more melodrama than a Yash Chopra movie, with u being the cute heroin, & the cable guy as the handsome hunk u have been waiting for.

June 15, 2006 4:39 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

It has nothing to do with age, WUSS! :-P

June 15, 2006 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo....make it REALLY painful next time ok? ;P

June 16, 2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Well thank gawd for divine intervention (cable connexion?) Welcome back to the pow-wow, baby..

June 17, 2006 4:47 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Bordi: Man, if only it was a cable girl....

#Anjali: Then perhaps it has to do with weight. Maybe I need to gain more fat (like someone I know) and retain more fluid in the body. U know what I am talking about.... :P

#Yvy: Sure... no pain, no gain!

#Idea: thank you babeh!

June 17, 2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Miss M said...

New post!!!

You seem busy these dayss...

:p

June 19, 2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

yeah, never ignore The Signs! :)

June 19, 2006 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude is we had a cable girl in the setup ...it will be completely off from yash chopra production ...it will be more from a VIVD production .....
damn ...tht is kinki
Imagine Ajo as the xross dresser making out with a hot chick ....
There this is giving back to nasty and vindictive person

Ami
t

June 19, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Medha: Yes. I have exams. Hence I cannot go about commenting (or posting) on blogs like you.... :P

#Sonia: Stop repeating what I say! Copy-Cat!

#Amit: I dont think anyone would like to imagine AJo as a cross dresser making out with a hot chick... but whatever worx for u man!

June 20, 2006 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude dont worry I know how to filter out things ...I will just concentrate on the Hot chick ....'
dude this is actually a gr8 plan .....this is the only way u can avoid acting in 41 and still a viargin ...


Amit

June 20, 2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Amit: It would contradict the role I played in 11 and not a viargin

June 20, 2006 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home