Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Click In Time...

.....would not result in this post.

Time: Roughly a year ago.
Occasion: Abhi visits USA.

Characters:

Tourist: Abhi
Guide: Me
Stooges: Sharma (Amit) & Pals.

The plan was to give Abbs the touristy outlook of NYC. And have Pals and Sharma repeatedly say whatever I am doing sucks! After hours of walking around we reach Times Square in the early hours of the evening. And at first Abhi gets all hyper and like a true blood tourist clicks anything which blinks. But after a while we are all bored. Which is when our eyes fall on this fantabulously beautiful girl. The dreamy kinda female. The one you could wrap up and keep with you forever. So the evil minds with nothing to do, Abhi and me decide we need to photograph Gods work of art.



Attempt No. 1



All I got was Abhi. The girl (yes, the beautiful blonde damsel in blue - hidden the bottom left corner) turned around at the right time!!

Me: "Damn! I need to get a better shot man"
Abhi: "No no, dont make it so obvious. Lets act like tourists. Here, gimme the camera and let me click the NASDAQ sign."



Touristy Snap No. 1



I dont need to descibe this snap, do I?




Attempt No. 2



This was the best snap. Till her brother decides to get in the way. Oh well, Abhi says it was her boyfriend. I like to believe it was her brother. I didnt see him stick his tongue down her throat. So its her brother! FullStop.


Since Abhi wanted to make this look as original as possible in case the NYPD decide to nab us and flip through his digital camera, we had to take....




Touristy Snap No. 2



Its Pals, making a demons face. Sharma, making a normal face. Me, thinking I have it all figured out on how to get her snap. And the NYPD car, which almost got Abbs running for cover. And, the NASDAQ sign.


And then came the last and final....




Attempt No. 3



This one was a smart move. I waited. Waited long. And then finally came the moment when the Goddess of Beauty posed for a snap for someone else. Seizing this opportunity, I took one myself (and almost got caught).

Only, the snap came out to be shaky/hazy. And she didnt end up looking the Goddess she was. Sigh!


Anyone wanna pose for my 2007 calendar?

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beauty lying in the lens of the beholder?

stop talking like this now that you are MARRIED... and dont even shock me by telling that you married HER :)

June 20, 2006 12:45 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Hey, what's these news about the wuss gotten married? Is it true? U gonna post about it?

June 20, 2006 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

next time we use the video cam!!

June 20, 2006 5:07 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

apoo u got married? when? is that the reason that u were HERMITIZED?

tell / write all abt it...

:-)

KJ

June 20, 2006 6:03 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Looks liks it's 'Naystea Apoo' at work again!? LOL! :) Missed ur blogging...

June 20, 2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

wudn't it be easier to use your cell phone ka camera and act like you're trying to get through level 10 of Bounce or something?

June 20, 2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer: Ahhh.... I could so marry her. But I like that.... beauty 'lying' in the lens of the beholder. Why doesnt it lie when I click Bird?

#Anjali: I am not married. I would not want to lose my license to flirt with you. You see, when some guy asks me if I am married, I say yes, in case he would not have 'straight' intentions. When I girl asks, I always say 'No', coz hopefully she has some intentions =D

#Abhi: Actually we do have her on Video. Next time, I walk up and talk to her.... and u video record when she slaps me!

#KJ: PLease read my response to Anjali

#Lovemarks: Now, what is 'naystea' in clicking Gods work of art?

#Sonia: The resolution baby! The cell phone camera has a low resolution.... u cant blow it up!! (err... no pun intended)

June 20, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

That guy is so her boyfriend! I mean, how delusional can you get apoo, being sick does wierd things to you :P

June 21, 2006 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it still lies when you click bird... but there the beauty turns into the beast...

June 21, 2006 6:45 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Menagerie: Did you just call me sick?? :@
Ok, He WAS her boyfriend. I am sure things must have changed since she saw me.... I am sure she is prolly staring at my foto which she secretly photographed!

#Iyer: Nah, thats the effect of alcohol.

June 21, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

aah! I stand corrected!...Of course all of God's creations are meant to be appreciated-never mind if it's through hooded eyes or 'lens'... :P

June 22, 2006 3:30 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

This post smacks of voyeurism. Apoo???????!!!??

June 22, 2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Hehehe, And the delusion continues...poor Apoo...!!

June 22, 2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Lovemarks: There. Now you are learning the right things!

#Idea: You have no idea how my hidden camera was working when I met ya!
Anyways, the post above is nothing but an appreciation towards Gods creativity and honoring his mastery of design.

#Menagerie: BAH!! watch your words lady!! I'll click you when I swing by for F1 and write up a horrible post on you!!! :P

June 22, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Methinks Apoo has suddenly become overtly 'religious'! The result of the earlier hermitization???he he he...

June 23, 2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

apoo, read my post dated 20 june 06

:-)


KJ

June 25, 2006 5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how'd u like me to pose? S&M Mistress of Pain with a spikey kayak paddle, in a tight Halle Berry leather (synthetic pls!) suit? ;P

anj* can be the one on the receiving end....lol :D i'm sure she wouldn't mind it. *tries to keep straight face*

June 28, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#lovemarks: Now now... dont jump to such conclusions...

#KJ: Been there... done that! :)

#Yvy: (Your name is like a tongue twister)
Lady, this is a family blog!!! Dont talk such stuff on it... (email me personally :P)

June 28, 2006 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo....email, eh? ;) Coming soon!

Ppssttt...how does a FAMILY come to be? I'm sure the leather suit would clearly get the ball rolling. ;P

June 29, 2006 2:53 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Yvy - Eh, don't drag me into this S&M activity of yours ok! Me don't get involve in such vices.

Apoo -

(i) Yvy is pronounced as "Eee-vee", but with the S&M, you can call her "Eerie".

(ii) Time for a new post, WUSS! :)

June 29, 2006 6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anj* - Eh, no choice...I got no partner. ;P

June 29, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Ladies... get a room!

June 29, 2006 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apoo : Your room? BBWAAAHAHAHAHA!! *grins innocently* :P

June 30, 2006 12:55 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

I really don't think it's her brother but what harm is there is assuming it is!
lol
Can't believe I'm starting to sound so cluelessly philosophical!

June 30, 2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I think I'm probably speaking for everyone else when i say we've had E-nuFF of looking at blurry snaps of this female's boyfriend ( or brother watever). Where's your next post?

July 03, 2006 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home