Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Random Conversations & Observations

I walk into Old Navy and pick up a pair of pants I like. Walk into the fitting room and as the girl at the entrance opens the door for me, she says, "Let me know if I can be of any help"

- Sure, like you are gonna come in with me and help me put on the pants -
- Or did she think I was too fat to get into a 30? -


I am randomly walking around GAP and checking out this shirt which I have been checking out since 3 months (I am a loser, I wait till the $68 price gets slashed to $6). One of the staff approaches me (while I try to act like I am genuinely interested) and says, "Is there a size I can help you find"

"Nay! But there is a price you could help me find"

(Yeah, she gave me the loser look)


Now I never figured whats with the staff at Armani showrooms. Ok, I'll give them credit that they dress up funky, living to the latest trends, but they act like they were the Great Armani in person. Either half of them are looking at you and placing bets that you will never buy what you are browsing through or the other half just acts like you didnt exist. Armani makes great clothes (the good side), makes em expensive (the bad side - the scale is evenly balanced here), but the staff makes you feel like no one is supposed to wear these clothes (and the scale crashes heavily on the bad side).


Walking through a shoe store:
Me: I am looking for a size 11 in this one (in case any of you are wondering, I am not size 11)
She: Do you see it up there?
Me: No.
She: Then its not there.

I am sure she'll give sales a whole new dimension. Someday. In her next life.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and managed to grab some killer deals.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

size 30 eh

November 28, 2006 5:03 AM  
Blogger Anita Pillai said...

the best part i liked abt the entire post was abhi's Q..:D:D:D

November 28, 2006 10:21 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

you should've just tried the pants anyway, and then shout out from the fitting room, "Heya girl, could you please help me with the zipper?"

heh.

November 29, 2006 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder what the Pilgrims would have made of it. how was Thanksgiving for u?

November 29, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Lol!!! I actually laughed at the last conv... 'then it's not there.' ... So where the hell is IT then? ;)

In fact you should have told her that shoes are meant to be down on the ground not 'up there'! hehhe.

But seriously asking, do they think you some chor chakke or is it their biased perspective on the ethnicity?

November 30, 2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Abhi: Wait. See it. Believe it.

#Anita: Et tu brute...

#Anjali*: And if the girl had a wicked mind like yours, I would be in big trouble.

#Sonia: Was a slow thanksgiving... stayed home, didnt do much!

#Lovemarks: Nah, I doubt it was the ethnicity (the lady herself was an afro). I think its more of how I look (yes, you might be put chor over there)

December 01, 2006 1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehhe.. true true... i have to agree with ya on this one.. but size 30:? :o

December 01, 2006 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and whats the unit of measurement here?

December 02, 2006 1:12 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

It's in metres, Abhi. Bwahaha.

December 03, 2006 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last woman sounds a lot like she has worked closely with my client and has picked up his extremely polite behaviour. :)

January 08, 2007 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home