Saturday, September 23, 2006

Know. Know More...

Knowledge Is Strength Supreme. So you should always know. Know more. And more. And more... about me! =)

In a way I am catering to Couch's tag of listing down 'weird things' about oneself. But I'll just put it down as things about myself. Am sure most of you will find them weird anyways. And yes, 13 is a lucky number.

1. "Like". I use this word a little too often. "I mean, its like...", "Like, you know...". As a matter of fact "You know" and "like" go hand in hand. But I have consciously got rid of the habit of saying "You Know", simply coz once I was interviewing a candidate and he kept saying, "You Know" while answering most questions. I mean, of course I know!! Or would I be asking you these questions? Which is when I realize I might end up looking the same way when I interview.

2. "Actually". Thats the next on my list. Used too often. I knew some people who fancied calling me "Actually". Now I consciously try to limit myself.

3. "Really". Thats my latest. I picked this one up from my boss. When I tell him any surprising news, he'll go - "Realleeeee???"
"I am going on one months vacation" - "Realleeee?"
"Maybe its a little late in the development cycle, but I found a glaring bug" - "Realleee?"
So now, even I go "Reallyyy?" when some surprising news comes by. Sometimes I'll say - "You's kidding me"

4. As a kid - 6th grade perhaps, I used to have these bright red colored pants which I used to love. And then I used to fancy wearing a particular shirt on it. One which had thick horizontal stripes of yellow, green, blue, violet, red, orange. Finally I used to look like a "Rainbow On The Move". I feel glad I outgrew those pants!! Altho right now my cooks son is running around in red pants with a horizontal striped multi-colored shirt.

5. Lightning amazes me and freaks me out. From a distance, I love to see it streak across the sky. But when its happening right over my head, I always feel its gonna hit me causing me to panic. The rumble of thunder does not scare me in any which way. The Gauls feared the sky shall fall on their heads and I fear I shall be hit by lightning (those who read Asterix will know what I am talking about).

6. I love dogs. But there are very few dogs who love me. If you ever see a dog running - look closer. I will be running in front of the dog. I however plan to have a dog one day. As a pet. As a matter of fact, when I was a kid, I picked up this street pup and got him home. My Mom said she could only handle one at a time, hence I was kicked out.

7. I can shop for hours, or just browse but at select places. For one, I could spend good time at IKEA, simply coz I love the way they style things up. The bedroom ideas, dining creations, etc which they model on display are absolutely brilliant and something to learn from. And it feels nice when after all that walking you finally reach their cafeteria. However I cannot roam around a mall without any purpose for more than an hour (besides the free Chinese food samplers being passes around). With, or without company. If I know what I have to buy, or what the person accompanying me has to buy, I'll spend time to come to a conscious decision. But once thats done, pay the cashier swing by a few stores and get outta there!

8. If I ever enter a mall in the US of A, I need to have an Aunt Annies Pretzel. Jalpeno, sour cream and onion or on a rare occasion, cinnamon and sugar.

9. I never have coffee or tea at work. Even when off work, I'll sometimes indulge in the Cafe Mocha at Starbucks or on a rare occasion Hazelnut at Dunkin. I will however soak in loads of water. All day long. Exceptions are you could probably find me having coffee many a time at Mocha or Barista/CCD when in Mumbai.

10. The first impression I convey many a time is that of an arrogant, rude, brat of a kid. At least thats how most of my close friends have described their first impression of me. And then admitted they were wrong. You just have to wait till you go out with me. Once I have conned you in to pay for the food, movies and ride back home, the opinion changes to "cheap, conniving, ass of a kid!"

11. I love problem solving. At work, home, anywhere. Some people crib when disaster strikes. I like to believe the inevitable has happened and figure out whats the best solution out of it. I love puzzles (not crosswords), more so the lateral thinking kinds. I need to feel challenged/mystified, or you wont get the best results from me.

12. As a kid, I wanted to be a bus conductor. My Mom wanted me to be a doctor. Now I work with doctors all day and take the bus to work as a compromise between my childhood ambition and my Moms dream.

13. I am going bald.

26 Comments:

Blogger Madame Mahima said...

dude we have so many things in common!
I HAVE to get an aunty annie's pretzel too if I ever come across an outlet (cinnammon sugar..or the caramel one)
I absolutely *heart* IKEA too...i love getting the annual catalogue and picking stuff for my imaginary home
and yea..of course i love dogs too :) too bad u keep getting bitten by them hahaa

not bad ajo..ure a pretty okay guy..

ps- when u first commented on my blog, i thought u were this rude bratty high school boy hahaha

September 23, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Saved by a dog. Had it not been for them, I would be the male version of Madame Mahima.

*Phew*

September 23, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Miss M said...

You really need to do something about you going bald! :p

September 23, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Medha, BALD is IN!

September 23, 2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Miss M said...

It is? :O

What is the world coming to!
Sigh.

:p

September 23, 2006 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

medha the world is coming to ghandigiri and baldigir hehhe kyun apoo?

September 23, 2006 9:35 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

@pooh, Gandhi was bald, so I guess it goes well.

September 23, 2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger exclusively_me said...

ooh! i'd love to see how apoo would look u know ..like...in those bright red pants and multicolored striped shirt.. with a mooch and sans his crowning glory and being chased away by a dog...lol!!!!

September 24, 2006 2:52 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Exclusive: You have some imagination dear. Mooch and bald, possible. Red pants - not happening!

September 24, 2006 3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I will give you company in going bald, I'll skip the red pants, thank you.

September 24, 2006 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.7: Hmm...whole-heartedly approve...

And the red pants are interesting too. Apoo, can I revive the salmon-tikka-flirtation?

September 25, 2006 2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is goin' bald a weird thing! That would make me really weird then!!! :O

September 25, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#AJ: Bald in red pants is sexy bro!

#Smithy: What? How are u relating red pants to salmon tikka?

#Anjali: Now I know why I read your blog... u do remind me of my Mom!

#Brad: Going bald aint weird. Going bald at 26 years of age is weird. I think....

September 26, 2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

dude being the male version of mahima is FLATTERY.

September 26, 2006 4:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ppl he is female version of no one ...he is a female from inside ... he has all the characteristics of a female .... if only he was one …
Ajo u forgot the bst part of your vocabulary...
ehxuse me ..
PPl do this .. when u r out for food with his dudest ask him to call the server ....
If he does that while surely crack u off ...I m sure Chatter and Bordi while agree to it…
sorry ajo for letting out a secret ....Ehxuse me plzz…

Amit

September 26, 2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Hey 'Mr. I,me,myself...' :)
I abs enjoy reading about your self-imposed love affair that you have with yourself! :P

Btw, I too often think that I will be struck by lightning...but me rather thinks that I am some super woman who can be bolted and still survive! ;)

ps; Your mom really managed throwing you out??!!! heheeh.

September 26, 2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Mahi: That was a typo right? U meant FATTERY!!

#Amit: U r not ehxused. now go stare at burds and eat a saandwich

#Lovemarks: Ah! Well, glad you enjoyed my love affair with me. And yes, my Mom did actually manage to throw me out (on more than one instance)

September 26, 2006 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a connection....trust me. ;)

September 28, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

"Moon face, race laga ta hai kya?"

:)

October 01, 2006 2:09 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

oh HAR-DEE-HAR-HAR i SO didnt see that coming.
update ajo, update.

October 01, 2006 6:06 AM  
Blogger Noesis said...

"I will however soak in loads of water. All day long. "

I'm starting to imagine a lazy summer afternoon. lush green meadows and a gushing rivulet pours out into a a makeshift jacuzzi albeit overflowing to the brim with sparkling cool water and............. a content lil WATER BUFFALO.

didn't i hear ur pop say sumthing bout him not being happy with his son?? (was tht mean......i'm sorry cudn't resist tht one :) )

October 06, 2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger Alap Ghosh said...

When I first met you, I too thought you were a snooty prick. PRICK, I TELL YOU !!!

Now I love you like a chick loves a 2 month old bunny. :)

HUGGIE.

October 06, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Alap Ghosh said...

That was near gay, man ... sorry.

October 06, 2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Actually na, it should be 'Full Moon, race lagata hai kya'!

Full marks to you if you get this!

October 06, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Smithy: I am not clever enough to link it... please explain!

#Mahi: Yes yes... will update. Soon!

#Neosis: You got one thing wrong there. I am a content HUGE water buffalo.

#Alap: Yeah... I am glad you are married, else that one comment would make me indefinitely postpone my India trip.

#Menagerie: I am confused. Full moon - my bald head? Race - you are going bald too? And wanna race with me to see who gets to the total state of baldness first?
Dont laugh, I am weird. This is how I think.

October 06, 2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Hehe, no you idiot! This is what Circuit says in Lage Raho to the bald professor when they are at the college and chasing each other...Flunk ho gaya tu!

And me going bald, yeahhhhh right!! I have a head full of hair.. :) Hehehe!

October 06, 2006 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home