Saturday, March 26, 2005

Aishwarya Rai. Perfect?

Today I was at Bally's, waiting in line for the treadmill. With me was this American person who might be in his 40's. This is how the conversation between him and me went:

He: Where are you from?
I : Originally from India.
He: Hmm... so do you get to go back often?
I : Yeah, well, I have been around for 4 years and been there twice.

Both nod, and silence for a while. Background sounds of people running on the treadmill.

He: This Indian actress, she was on this show few weeks ago... you know who I am talking about?
I : Aishwarya Rai...
He: Man, she is like so beautiful. I mean, of anyone I have seen, she is the closest to PERFECT!!
I : Well, if you are calling her close to perfect then I should say you havent seen half of the women in India!!
He: Really? I thought she was awesome!
I : I am not saying she is not awesome. She is awesome. But I can point you to many Indian women who are much, much more perfect than her!

Someone got done with the treadmill then and the new Aishwarya fan had to get onto it for his run. But I just gave one person the false impression that half of Indian women population are Aishwarya Rai look-alikes.

Wont I make an amazing ambassador for our country?

Oh, by the way, Aishwarya, if you are reading this, I am just kidding. Definitely you are awesome and I have probably not seen someone as awesome as you on screen! Could I take you for dinner sometime?

2 Comments:

Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Phoooey....thank heavens not all women are Aishwarya Rai lookalikes...would she be considered perfect if EVERY other face looked like hers? Incidentally, notice how the contestants for Ms.India looked like clones...*sigh*..here's to a nation of 'perfect clones'

March 28, 2005 2:52 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

"would she be considered perfect if EVERY other face looked like hers?"

IdeaSmith - interesting thought to think over. But if that happens, I know one person who woudn't be complaining (no, not me, its that American chap I met at Bally's) ;-)

March 28, 2005 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home