Tuesday, November 23, 2004

And I miss you.... and I dont!

So I am back to where I was 3 months ago. For those interested, the flight was OK. I wasnt too impressed with Lufthansa tho. Bombay - Frankfurt sector, the air hostess looked like she was doing us a favor. Things were much better GER - USA. Frankfurt airport is also okay. Surprisingly, there are no water fountains for the thristy... you either buy a bottle of water or a mug of beer, which would be equally priced. Met this chap who was flying for work through Tata Infotech and he happened to know my family through some connections. So the poor chap was subjected to my boring talks for a while.

Back home and the leaf's have changed color. The bad news was my car batterey died off. The good news was Jugs replaced it. The bad news is I have to pay Jugs for it. The weather is much more harsh (read: COLD) and snow seems to be around the corner.

Anyways, to all those I met up with in India, I had a great time with ya all. And it goes without saying I am going to miss each and every one of you. And apart from the people, here is what I'll miss (or not miss) too:
  • T-Top. The weekends spent there gulping down a couple of drinks and heavy discussions on everything living and dead and non-existentent girls in Nandanvan. Utopia indeed.
  • Driving. This one I can do and can do without. I have to make a conscious effort not to honk and cut lanes here. And I miss the manual drive. There is no traffic here and if there is, its reasonably organised. But again, I miss Mumbai driving.
  • Heat. The only place I sweat now is on the treadmill. Altho I did hate it when I was in Mumbai, I miss the heat now.
  • Food. Nothing compares to you.
  • Nityanand - Coastal Treat. When will I taste the Chicken65 and Chicken Crispy again? Also, the mid-night buffets at Marine Plaza and driving about in Abbs Santro.
  • Happy. Sitting with Bird with a Mangola bottle and listening to his Morocco plantation plans at Happy.
  • Sunny. His never-say-die attitude when it comes to noise-making to wake me up in the morning (for those who dont know, Sunny is my pet parrot in India.)
  • Gaming. Network Gaming with Abbs and Tak. Specially F-1. Hopefully we can continue that from here too.

And of course, many other things I cant think of right now since I am hungry. More later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mangola? I never remember having Mangola in Happy.

Bird.

November 24, 2004 5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toilet Paper?

-Pooja

November 25, 2004 12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I think you missed out mentioning the local train rides... I am sure you enjoyed smelling armpits and am sure you can do without them.

Anyhoo, welcome back!

- AK

November 27, 2004 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home