Saturday, April 16, 2005

Mere Jeevansaathi

Ok, call this height of boredom or call it a keen eye for humour. One of the sites I visit regularly is www.rediff.com/cricket to check on the progress (or lack of progress) of the Indian team. I noticed these advertisements in the bottom right side of the web page. If you hit refresh it shows a new one. And some of them are hilarious. Here are a select few:

Seeking romance for Lifetime.
Hi I’m Ria. I’m looking for sensitive young men who believe in love. I don’t care about flashy clothes & big cars. Wanna meet up?

My reply to her would be: Let me know when you move on from men to one man! We have one thing in common tho'. I dont care about clothes either. If we meet, I am okay with you wearing none.



I met my wife within a week of registering And I’m marrying her. Frankly I didn’t even get a chance to contact anyone… she contacted me!!

Me: You are marrying your wife? Interesting. Dumbo, say, "I met my dream woman within a week..." or something like that. I mean, geez! "I met my wife on a matrimonial site and I am marrying her". If she is your wife, she shouldnt be on a matrimonial site. Or were you trying to cheat but couldnt escape her there too?



Anjali & Amit thank Jeevansathi.com
Dear Sir/Madam, We (Anjali & Amit) are very thankful to u.... as we got married on 27th of jan through ur site.... our ids r... anjaliyadav & yadav315

Me: If you guys are married, stop giving out your id's!!


For anyone into marketting, this is not a good example. But come to think of it, if it grabs your attention, maybe it is.

Ah, ok... I should go off to sleep before I get tempted into scouting for phunny prophiles of jeevansaathi.

1 Comments:

Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Lol....have you seen any of the TV promos....gaaad, they're enough to put you off marriage for life!! That's if you're not already revolted by the thought of the knot that is...

April 18, 2005 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home