Sunday, May 08, 2005

Whats in a name? - (Part 1)

So I was working out at Bally's (trying to shed weight yet again) when I notice this girl who seems to have noticed me (in simple words: Girl staring at me more than once). I notice such things since they dont happen too often... its like an eclipse. Anyhoo, my hopes were dashed when I realised she was checking out how the machine I was working out on, worked. But when she tried it out, she got it all wrong. So the Bally's Blonde (BB) looks at me with a huge smile.

BB: Am I doing this right?
Me: Nope, probably you wanna raise the seat.
BB: How do you do that?
Me: Lemme show you.

(Pause for a while)

Me: You need to get off the seat for me to raise it.
BB: (Laughs the I am so dumb laugh) Yea, of course!

(Raise the seat, show her what to do)

BB: Thank you so much, do you come here regularly?
Me: I try to.
BB: My names Jennifer.
Me: Apoorva, nice to meet ya.
BB: Huh? What was that?
Me: Apoorva (saying it real slow)
BB: Aproo...
Me: A-poo-rava.

(confused look)

Me: You could just say - Apoo
BB: Aboo?

(By this time I am searching for a dumbell to hit myself with)

Me: No No, Apoo, like A-P-O-O. You know, that chap from the Simpsons.
BB: Oh, I dont watch the Simpsons.

By this time I have done some quick analysis. I dont think I will ever meet her again. If I do, I am sure she wont remember my name. If she does I still wont marry her! So we say our bye-bye's after telling her she should watch the Simpsons because they are COOL!

To be continued...

4 Comments:

Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Lol lol lol...next time u could prolly tell her..."Hey I'm Appy...I can make u happy"...that should please the cheesiest of blondes..

May 09, 2005 3:40 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

And she will say:
"Hey I'm Jenny, always ready, to spend your last penny"

Someday we'll go over my thesis on blondes.

May 09, 2005 8:20 PM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

ROFL....awaiting a post on that!

May 10, 2005 3:34 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

That was hilarious! Guess it happens all the time with Indian names. Don't know why people find it difficult to pronounce even the simplest of names when we twist our tongues to pronounce all those Russian and Japanese names correctly!

Arjun

May 10, 2005 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home