Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bar Talk

Talks between my (F)riend (who I refuse to name) and I. Note that this is after a few many pegs and the dude is completely drunk and seems heart-broken. The talk tho' is in a pretty serious tone.

F: F***, you are one lucky guy. You always had girls around you.

I: Where did this suddenly come up from?

F: My parents are after me to get married man.

I: Good. About time. Whats the problem in that?

F: Where are the women??? There are no women around me!

I: Man, they are everywhere. Look, theres one.

F: No man. The ones I like, they dont like me.

I: Thats everyones story man. When the ideal woman enters your life, you gotta have the courage to look her in the eye and say, "Sorry, I am married"

F: Eh?

I: Nothing, more booze?

F: No, I wanna go home. Now! I will create a profile on Shaadi.com.

I: (controlling laughter) Not now man... take it easy, you aint gonna find your dream girl in one night.

F: No! Now! You had it easy. All chicks around you all the time... girl-guy mixed school you went to... then girl-guy mixed college... and now you are in bloody America. If I was you, by now I would be married so many times and had so many kids.

(By now I am laughing away)

F: Its not fair.

I: Whats not fair?

F: I donno... take me home! U drive.

*We are home, I am going through his fridge while he is on his computer (I assume shaadi.com)*

F: This is not fair...

I: Now what... (finally found some doritos).

F: You even have girls commenting on your blog.


Why wasnt alcohol also called Humour? And why do guys get drunk and think of reading my blog?

10 Comments:

Blogger IdeaSmith said...

LOL....I liked his last statement the best!

July 07, 2005 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl guy mixed school... and college too...

what kinda school / college was he into... guy guy (or gai gai... read: cow) school / college ?

July 07, 2005 5:12 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Rumpel, even I wonder. I mean, I have heard of guy-guy schools (like till 10th grade) but guy-guy college... trying to think of one!

Oh well, anyways, he was drunk... u know how it goes after that.

July 07, 2005 11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes trust me ... iyer knows how it goes after a drink (note: "a drink")

don't be surprised if i list out a similar conversation with him on moi blog ...

iyer rocks

July 07, 2005 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apoo: i like ur new image... bacardi limon...

abhi: can we find a logo of "Old Monk X Blue Riband"... you are welcome to write a post about our conversations provided u keep em long and sweet

July 08, 2005 12:56 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

:lol:
I'm starting to wonder about the guy-guy college, too!
And, did he visit Shaadi.com, finally?

July 08, 2005 5:55 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Iyer, you should take offence in "a drink".

And yes, Old Monk logo is available (heh! I almost put that up). Google Image search.

Couch: I didnt see him visit the site, but I am sure he did... probably while I was ransacking his kitchen.

July 08, 2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger Arjun said...

:lol:
And yeah, I think there was a time (in 60013 BC) when alcohol was a substitute for comic books (Ref: Saratorcious Belluciuse's History After the Apes) ;)

July 09, 2005 5:46 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

"And why do guys get drunk and think of reading my blog?"

I don't know about the others, but in my case it is required to lessen the headache brought on by reading your blog.

July 11, 2005 2:11 AM  
Blogger Debalina Das said...

Hahaha !! I guess,even your friend should blog, maybe he will get some female commentors.

July 12, 2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home