Tuesday, July 05, 2005

See a butt? Spank It!

Since a while blogger has introduced a simpler way to upload photos (Thank You). Doing it through Hello was quite a pain in the butt. Having an extended weekend, I have been looking up some pics from the near and not so near past (Nanguys: I found this pic where all of us are like 5 years old and lined up before my birthday cake, need to scan it). And I came upon so many where I felt, "Apoorva You look so awesome." But seriously, it got about memories of our Syracuse Cultural event and aching butts. We were supposed to do a traditional fashion show. The unconventional guy that I am, we mixed it up with two item numbers, - Kallu Mama from Satya and Patli Kamar from Jungle (and walked the fashion show on the original south indian version of Chandralekha from Thiruda Thiruda) . So it was Kallu mama followed by the fashion show followed by Patli Kamar. And to make things worse, we linked up the three to make a story out of it. So during the intro the guy was kinda confused if he should call it a fashion show, dance item, drama or piece of crap. He decided to stick with Fashion show and all American public was confused when 5 guys came out and started going round n round in circles dancing to Kallu mama.

What follows is a classic snap.... well, not so classic, of Sharma about to slap my butt while performing Kallu Mama (and the confused Americans wondering if this was some Gay Indian ritual).





There is one thing about getting an opportunity to beat up someone during an on stage performances. You can take maximum benefit of the situation and get away with it. Now, after this so called dance, my bottom did hurt and Sharma said, "Sorry man, I really got into the act."

The other time was during our undergrad fashion show (was it mock fashion show?) where the girl was supposed to come and gently place her hand on on my shoulder. What I experienced was something like a punch and a push and I was almost in the audience. And after the show I get a "Ha ha ha... I am so sorry. But that was for all the years you troubled me."

And its not too easy to walk the ramp in a lungi with an aching butt I tell ya. You can almost see me doing a leaning tower of Pisa in the snap that follows.



Myself (left), leaning a bit and Rohan (right).


Old memories... they make your butt ache!

Update: That photo upload tool seems to have a bug. Didnt work for now... had to use Hello. More pain in the butt.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita Pillai said...

In the snap it looks like Sharma is really relishing the idea of slapping ur butt..too much of a “khunas” or just plain gay tendencies???

July 05, 2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Khunnas dear, all khunnas. I assure you. Nothing gay about it.

July 05, 2005 12:43 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

with rgds to the first pic..the two of you really seem to be enjoying the spanking..
i mean usually the spanker looks happy..but the spankee looks thrilled
:P why apoorva?

July 06, 2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

*Clap clap*....except I can't see your face at all in the pics...

July 06, 2005 9:54 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Mahima: Its drama. All acting u see... we are good actors.

Smithy: Thats the whole idea. Anyways, nothing much to see in my face.... u aint missin' a thing

July 06, 2005 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home