Friday, July 15, 2005

The History of The Pic

Since the picture in my previous post has developed such controversy I think I need to dedicate an entire post to it. This was about Dec-Jan 2002/03. I was back in India for a good 40 days and all the Nanguys decided to have a night out. It started off with Bakshi's Zen and my 1984 Maruti 800 missing collision near Alfredos. After which we realized we had forgotten to pick up Bird Mask and Beamer (trust me, Bakshi is to blame for this fiasco- Abbs is proof).

When "missing" Farro was called up he said he was at Regal which happens to be the other side of town. "Gimme half an hour" he said, "I'll be there." How he made it from Regal to Juhu in 35 mins at 9 PM is yet a mystery. Killer. And then he comes up with a brilliant plan to drive up to Cafe Mocha at bandstand. So off we go. Abbs, my blind navigator, Mask and myself in my car. Farro and an innocent Dada in Farros Indica. Dada had no clue what was gonna hit him. Bakshi and Bird in the Zen.

Mocha was a fiasco, 1 hour wait. Farro used his filmi contacts to get us a seat. This resulted in all of us getting kicked out. To liven things up, everyone decided to race to the Juhu Cafe Coffee day. Loser pays for others. A Zen, an Indica and my 1984 Maruti 800. I smartly did a false start and took the lead till Farro did a "Schumacher kaa Baap" move on me. The visuals of that were pretty hilarious (Abbs, Mask and myself were witness). The Indica was half on the footpath, vegetable sellers were running helter-scelter, dogs were barking and farro had his music system blasting Enrique. I wonder why he has never put this up in his resume? But Farro was racing so hard that he missed the final turn and ended up behind.

This by any standards was a better race than this years F-1 at Indy.

And dada was so shit scared sitting in Farros car that he had to pee. But we are the Holy Brothers. We stick through thick and thin. When one pees, we all pee. No, I am kidding about that. But we started off some late night dhamaal on Juhu Beach. The start was with that contrversial snap. More followed.


Abbs did a swirl around the electric pole (a-la Demi Moore in Striptease, only with his clothes on - thank goodness)





Dada had got so crazy with Farro's driving that he started digging in the sand and burying the coffee glasses.






Mask was thrown into the water (No, we were just giving him Birthday Bums, but no idea if it was his birthday)





And I got drunk, went home and started playing the Harmonium at 4 AM.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never mentioned anything about dear ol bird?

didnt u get a chance to kick his ass (or tailfeathers)... i wud have luved to be there...

:)

July 15, 2005 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

say who?

July 15, 2005 2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ... i look a lot different now

July 15, 2005 2:33 AM  
Blogger Debalina Das said...

Getting drunk and playing harmonium at 4 am !!!

you definately are one of a kind !

July 17, 2005 7:42 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

That must have been fun! Just pity the people who must have been forced to listen to your musical skills! :)

July 17, 2005 8:38 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Rumpel: Yes. Bird was around, but he prefers that blog readers not see his real face (he is scared to lose readership). U shud have been there. Next time, when I am back in India!

Yes Abhi, not u r the stud of our group, high time someone gave competition to Farro (till I come back).

Deb: Yes, I indeed am! Music sounds best in the early hours.

Couchie: Primararily my Mom and Dad.

July 17, 2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Oh, and couchie, I create good music. Dont pity the people...!!

July 17, 2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are we talking of "Happy birth day to you" or is it "Jingle bells, jingle bells" kind of music ;-)

July 17, 2005 12:23 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

More of the Altaf Raja - Tum toh teherey pardesi - kinda music!

July 17, 2005 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home