Saturday, December 24, 2005

Honeymoon Discounts

I absolutely adore my Aunt. Moms sister to be precise. I fondly call her "Maushi" (aunt in marathi) and since I was born she is been pampering me! Now, the only problem is, she still thinks I am about 5 years old. Or rather, sometimes she pretends so, which makes me drop my gaurd like a kid ready to be pampered, and then she shoots out some of the best one liners. And usually all talk between us is casual, you know the ones where you kinda sit with your best buddy and mutter things at random which might make a third party wonder what the hell are they talking? So when I talk to her on the phone, the conversation is hilarious.

Maushi: Do you have a bath everyday?
Me: Nah, once a week.
Maushi: Ewwww... Friday to Friday?
Me: Yeah, Jooma to Jooma.
Maushi: How do any girls sit next to you?
Me: They dont, unless its Friday.
Maushi: At this rate, u'll never get married.
Me: -silence-
Maushi: No. Tell me, do you have someone there, or I'll start searching someone here for you!
Me: Oh, and what kinda girl will you search?
Maushi: Leave that to me. You just come to India and get married.
Me: Uh. I dont even know the girl and marry?
Maushi: Yeah, quick wedding. Come for 2 weeks, one day engagement, one day wedding. Then we'll go to Kulu Manali for honeymoon!
Me: We?????
Maushi: Yeah. Why? They have these deals. One couple pays and other gets in free. Buy one, get one free. So me and your uncle will come along. And if we take your Mom n Dad along, Mama and Mami will also get to come along. So all of us can go.
Me: Uh... ok.
Maushi: So? I start looking?
Me: I am too shocked. I mean, if you have my honeymoon all chalked out with discounted fares, I am sure you have already started looking.
Maushi: No, not me. You know I am kidding. But lets discuss this. Your uncle, the other day he was telling me he saw this really beautiful girl and thought she would be ideal for you. He should have asked....
Me: One sec. What was Uncle doing looking at other girls?
Maushi: Good point. I didnt think of that. Ok. Can I call you later?
Me: Sureeeeeeee..... by the way, go easy on him.

I love my Uncle. When I was a kid I used to traumatize my Mom (she says I still do, but we'll leave that for another day). So when she used to run behind me with a baton in her hand, my Uncle used to always jump in and save me! The man always saves the day! Even till today.

28 Comments:

Blogger Madame Mahima said...

i laughed for ages when i read this!
im still laughing!!!

you aunt has NO idea how this honeymoon thing works, does she?
sooooo cute!

December 24, 2005 1:55 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Uh uh... u need to read it from scratch. She always takes my case in situations like these.
She is the know all, so dont worry about that!

December 24, 2005 1:59 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

read what from scratch?
and im not worrying
WHY SHOULD I BE WORRYING!?!

December 24, 2005 2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicey nicey maushey

dhammal hai ekdum... ask her if she can arrange marriages for bird, anna, pals and baangdu too all at the same time... then you may get a higher discount for this honeymoon thingy :)

December 24, 2005 2:12 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

:lol: Laughed my head off; so much so that my sis just asked me if everything's ok.
All set for that buy-one-get-one-free honeymoon? Who knows: maybe they give just a single room for the both of you... the two couples, I mean. That'd be fun! ;)

December 24, 2005 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be one helluva pimped honeymoon, man! :-)

December 24, 2005 3:03 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

LOL your aunt is soooper! Can't believe the honeymoon discount thing though...

December 24, 2005 5:29 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Mahi: Just like that... I like to see u worry! :P

#Iyer: Pals, baangdu, bird, anna all marry their respective better halves at the same time as my wedding... dude.... u want my to be wife to run away b4 the saat pheras.
But I like that discount idea... lemme put it forward to Maushi.

#Couchie: Never take that chance... what if your wife realizes she likes the woman more? No same room!

#Brad: I dun wanna imagine it!

#Idea: Yeah, she is sooper... I agree! U wanna try that discount? See if it really works.

#Demi: Only Pals, Baangd, Bird and Anna will fall for this... and perhaps get married to each other!

December 24, 2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Apoo: IPC allows a man to marry only one woman. And I don't think that honeymoon discount includes a 'pay for one wives-the rest are free' deal!!!

December 25, 2005 4:16 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

ROTFL!!!
ur maushi is cho cute.... i was laughing & my boss was looking at me wondering have i gone bonkers...

miss my maushi, my maushi loved me a lot....

KJ

December 25, 2005 4:46 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

apoo, marry me

(now I wanna see YOU worry -evil cackle- heh heh hehhhhhhhhhhhh)

December 25, 2005 5:26 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Demi: Good idea... we can then even celebrate anniversarys in one party and save money!

#Smithy: I have sinned in the past. Gimme another try. I will make this up to you....

BIRD, someone here is teaching me IPC. Can you let them know about my knowledge in that feild.

#KJ: I know. Maushis are the best arent they? *Hugs*

#Mahi: No. No. No. I cant do this to Smithy twice.... the last time... you hot legs... they made me go astray.... but no more.

(Smithy, are u readin this?)

December 25, 2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Anita Pillai said...

apoo missing home??

December 25, 2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Anita Pillai said...

is Apoo missing home??

December 25, 2005 2:07 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Anita: Huh... huh... no... with my aunt planning to send me on a discounted honeymoon, u think I would ever wanna go home? ;)

December 25, 2005 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pals married to bird = spiritual jungle wandering mountain climbing sipping cutting piece of waste

anna married to baangd = i have no idea man... this will defi end up in divorce

December 25, 2005 11:08 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer:
Anna+Pals: A saint who humps bears!
Baangd+Bird: No hope for humanity.

December 25, 2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger Miss M said...

Kulu Manali for honeymoon?? LOL.

Your maushi sounds too cute btw!

=)

December 26, 2005 7:00 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Medha: As cute as u r!! :P

December 26, 2005 9:28 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Apoo: "........."

December 27, 2005 3:02 AM  
Blogger There's something about Sherry... said...

hi came thru Iyer's blog. will visit again. you have a cool blog
touching post.
belated merry christmas and a happy new year.

December 27, 2005 6:59 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Haha, Ekdum fundu mavshi aahe!

After the secret wedding you have just had, you owe your folks a discounted honeymoon man!

Send us the Kulu Manali pics :)

December 27, 2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger Planck said...

Lolzz!!

You're maushi and uncle sound real cool!
lolz again!

December 27, 2005 1:20 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Smithy: Your silence is killing me!

#Sherry: Thank You! U have a Happy New Year too.

#Menagerie: Yes madame! My maushi, bestest!
One sec, now what secret wedding are we talking about... rather... which one... I have had soooo many of them!

Sneha: LOL. Thanks.

December 27, 2005 1:55 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

oh har har!

yea smithy why the cryptic silence??

December 27, 2005 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apoo: gone into hibernation or what? time for a new post... immediately :P

December 29, 2005 2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL - its always fun reading ur blog - esp during lunch. Ekdum mast entertaining...how do u manage to get into these situations. Maushi i can understand. But that Desi Bonding Girl - hehe

December 29, 2005 2:21 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

:lol: That's quite probable, too. Have a great New Year, btw. :)

December 29, 2005 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home