Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Apoo Does A Naked Chef

FYI: The title maybe a little misleading. There is no nudity involved.

Mom: "And for dinner, you want....?"
Me: "Pani-Puri"

2 hours later, Dad returns from grocery shopping. Yes, my family is ice-age. Women sit at home while the menfolk go out hunting for food.

Me: "Only one packet? Thats like 50 puri's"
Mom: "So, how many do you want?"
Me: "I'll eat that myself" (leaves home in hunt of more puri's)

Mom: (Looking towards Dad) "Is he serious about having this for dinner?"
Dad: "What say we add a high dose of Black Label to the 'pani' [water]? It might knock him off after 20."
Mom: "And U'll have 50 then!!"

I dont know if they added Scotch to the pani, or they added something else, but it sure made me star in the this family video.

Presenting: How to Make Pani-Puri in under 1 minute.


View this clip on Vimeo

Comments from a friend after viewing this video:
"You look like an escaped convict devoid of pani-puri for a lifetime"


The Joshi family has a tradition of "What the child does, the father has to do better" (I so cant wait to kick my kids ass!!)


Presenting: How to react after eating pani-puri


View this clip on Vimeo

Note: Anyone who calls me over for lunch/dinner/breakfast/tea, make sure you have Pani-puri (or gol-guppas or puchkas, or whatever u call it). I love em!!

Bird had a very entrepreneurial idea of selling Tequila shots off a hand cart outside railway stations. Bird, I say you also try pani-puri with Black Label as the water. Or Tequila shots in puri's - 'Tequila Puri'.

21 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

hehehhehehhe....What can i say... U DO LOOK LIKE AN ESCAPED CONVICT!!! :p

By the way, Happy birthday sweets!

=)

March 29, 2006 3:35 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Your family is really funny. Now I know where you inherit your sense of humour. Good one!

March 29, 2006 4:46 AM  
Blogger LovingAndLosing said...

Don't ask me how I got here... But that was absolutely hilarious (and I mean that in a really nice way!) Your dad's expression is exquisite :D I'd give anything to be able to eat pani-puri with my dad again...

March 29, 2006 7:21 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Heppy budday and all that jazz ;)

And I want pani puri too!!

March 29, 2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yappy budday bhaiya

March 29, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its blocked :( can u use you tube or google videos? :-/

March 29, 2006 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are things so 'arranged' on your table!? :-/ And I seriously thought I would get to see somebody eating junk-food with Black Label! But alas...

March 29, 2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday???:-/

March 29, 2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Hey, Your Bday? Wishes galore,

I loveeeeeeeeeeee Pani Puri, and would give anything to gobble up some right now....awesome videos, so much fun :)

March 29, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

LOL
that was hilarious..ure dads hot!

happy bday!

March 30, 2006 2:45 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

btw..i saw the title and the first thing that entered my mind was
"OH NO HE DIDN'T!"

so needless to say.."Pheeeeew"

March 30, 2006 2:47 AM  
Blogger Arjun J said...

happy birthday!

March 30, 2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

video is blocked by etisalat, so i cudn't see it.

tequila puri sounda interesting! :o)

April 01, 2006 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

garfield.cb@gmail.com

SEND ME THE VIDEOS.... :( and stop using VIMEO! *blug blug blug*

April 01, 2006 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday (frankly i dont know the exact date, but since everyone has wished, so i guess its around this time, hope not everyone is playing April Fool's prank)...Best Wishes!

Saw the video - great, and the background score by ur dad was the bestest! :-)

April 01, 2006 1:24 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Medha: I do, dont I? As long as I get pani-puri, I dont care what I look like.

#Anjali*: Thengew Madame!

Ms. V: When u do eat pani-puri, please, call me!

#Casa: Thanks! And yeah. Next time stop by Baltimore and I'll make for ya loadsa pani-puri.

#Abhi: Thengew Bhaiyya!!

#B: Will do. Will also mail em to you.

#Demi: Thank you. Yes, he got his looks from his son!

#Brad: Shows the kinda person I am.... all organized for chaos!

#Menagerie: Thank you. Like I told Casa, swing by Baltimore for some.

#Mahi: Thanks. And like I said, Dads got his hotness from his son.

#AJ: Thanks.

#Sonia: Will mail it to ya... and will start using youtube.

#Garfy: Will do!

#DJ: Thank You sire. It was on the 29th.

April 02, 2006 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww it was your budday?

Happpy buttday.... another year gone with Apoo hopefully none the wiser :) Wishing you lots of queer desi madames, spiked food and drinks, endless supply of chocs and booze (the chocs be for passing on to me) and may monotony never be a word known to you... may life be ever happening either for the best or the worse. Take care...

April 03, 2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Ha ha! Thanks Garfy. That had so much of "Garfy" written all over the comment. U deserve all the chocolates.

April 05, 2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

Your B'day?!
Happy Birthday, Apoo.

Couldn't watch the video, either. :(

April 06, 2006 5:37 AM  
Blogger Miss M said...

NEW POST!!


NOW!

:p

April 07, 2006 2:41 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Couchie: Long time no see...
Thanks for the wishes.

#Medha: Look who is talking!

April 08, 2006 3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home