Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Blogger Burn-Out

I thought the day would never come, but I actually feel like I am out of ideas. Like there is nothing worth blogging about. I have about 7 posts drafted, but as I read them, none make me wanna hit the publish button.

I am feeling the same about work. Fortunately I dont feel the same about life.

I need to re-invent.

Random thoughts.

  • Define your goals. Write them down. And ask yourself periodically what you have been doing to achieve them. This is what Dad said once to me. I nodded but I didnt do the mentioned. I wish I had. Fortunately its not too late. The problem is someone said, its never too late. So I keep postponing.

  • If you really want to enjoy it, you have to give yourself a 110% to it. That really makes it enjoyable. But the fear creeps in that if it doesnt work out, something which you gave 110% to, could easily scar you for life. So you could be sensible and do a 50-50. Balance your emotions. Your brain with your heart. But then, you dont enjoy it so much. If your heart is not 100% in it, I call it being mechanical.

  • I hate being Mechanical. Just walking through the steps. At work, at home, in life. When I say I am in this, then I am 110% dedicated to it. So when I say I'll meet a deadline, I will. When I say I love you, I do. When I say I could help, I will. When I say you are fat, you are!

  • Yes, I have thought of taking a break from blogging. But then, I think I'll just re-invent.

  • Sometimes I feel like I need to give it all up. Just quit and go to a remote village in India and start a school. Or work for an Old Age home. Or to help the victims of a natural calamity. Or to stand up and fight corruption. Change the system. I just dont find myself bold enough to take that step. For now.

  • I, many a time believe in "Once Bitten Twice Shy". But I also believe sometimes it worth being bold enough into taking a risk of heading into the same mistake twice, where if things turn out to be your way, it would be much worth it.

  • Most of us lead happy lives. Party, make merry, get expensive university degrees, make money, build a house, have a family, talk about world politics and how things could be improved and feel content by the end of the day. Very few actually sacrifice all of the aforementioned to make the world a better place.

  • All of us waste time. Only few dont waste time regretting having wasted time.

  • Not all my posts make sense. This counts in one of those which doesnt.

Since I have spoken so much about having goals, here are my short term blog goals. Hopefully if I put them down here, I will be forced to implement them.

  • A post on my India visit. A rather big post. You have been warned.
  • A post on someone very special to me.
  • A post on travelling the Mumbai local trains.
  • A post on food. Come on, remember, I am the man who loves to cook!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

brother, if you were just around here in india, i would give you a *bhaaaaaai* wala hug... you know what just yesterday i was thinking of joining some NGO and work for some night schools/orphans/aids patients/old age homes etc in my spare time...

and today i read this Very few actually sacrifice all of the aforementioned to make the world a better place....... *bhaaaaaaaaaai*

but my problem again is that the plans dont materialize... they just be there on paper... need to get over it man... need to do something more meaningful, something more useful....

as usual... just loved the post

February 15, 2006 2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or does anybody as well think that our guy got hitched or has taken a step towards the aforesaid. Hmmm...

February 15, 2006 4:11 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

You can be quite funny when you're trying darn hard to be serious. That's a real talent for a prehistoric mammal. :)

Would love to read about your trip to India and about the Mumbai trains though.

Take it easy on yrself.

*hugs*

February 15, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

An impactful post. I need some re inventing ideas too.

Why is that we can never take that big leap and just give it up, and work towards what really matters or at least contribute in some way? I take inspiration from people who can do it. Hopefully we will join them too !

February 15, 2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer: Thanks Bro. Sometimes, somethings jes have to wait. If ou are determined to do them, you will do them. Jes wait for the right moment.

#Brad: Wow! You are in the wrong profession. Go give Sherlock a run for his money!

#Arpi: Thanks girl! I could prolly say the same to you as what I said to Iyer. If you are really determined to take that step, you will, jes wait for the right moment.

#Anjali*: thankyew madame! Will get those posts up soon... hopefully. BTW, any luck with the durians?

#Demi: Thank you. And I admire ya!

#Menagerie: We will. I sure hope we will. Till then, lets get drunk!

#Nicole: Could be!

February 16, 2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Good thinking. All of it, except the quitting blogging bit. Keep us posted....and your posts published.

February 16, 2006 3:48 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

i agree with ideasmithy..good ideas except the 'quit blogging' bit!
anyway i know all of us have thought about quitting our blog, but i reckon 98% of us will get back to it. out of the remaining 2%, 1% of them would have died and the other 1% really cant give a damn anymore.

also another reason not to quit - you make some truly wonderful friends. we're proof it it!
so DONT. QUIT. BLOGGING.


a post on someone special to u???
is it me!?!
okok kidding i know who its about :P (is it about who i think it is????)
hardcore!

February 16, 2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring on the drafts i say!
btw this is pixel8.
changed blog. new one. check! ogay

February 16, 2006 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egads What! Dude...You serious!? I mean...You seriously think, I should get into the snoopin' business :P

February 16, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Smithy: Yes ma'am!

#Mahi: Ok ok... and yes dear. HARDCORE! Altho I prefer a Hard-Kaur! *Ahem*

#Brad: Yes yes, now dont make me repeat things. I am growing old, it takes effort. No pun intended.

February 16, 2006 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand, having gone thru these 'no blogging idea' phases a number of time ...dont think to hard, dont force urself, it all comes back...take care :-)

February 17, 2006 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude u need to get laid …thts it period

N plzz no blogs on ME
-Amit

February 17, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

And here's some fodder for your next post....Tag!!

February 18, 2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Durians on dorji turned out to be a dodgy idea. :-P

February 19, 2006 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home