Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bond. Unbond. Unsolved Mystery Solved.

Have you seen Pulp Fiction? Memento? Fight Club? Vanilla Sky? Have there been moments when you are sitting in a movie and keep wondering, what the hell is going on? Why dont I get it? There has to be something to this. Why aint I not getting it? Analyze, analyze, analyze and then, over-analyze! Come the climax, and it all just falls in. Makes sense.

So, as life would have it, Madame Desi is back to her best. What, you guys have a short term memory and cant seem to recollect her? U old people. Go, read
here and here, while I wait patiently.

Waiting....

And I found myself a couple of days ago sitting in my office, thinking about how my bank balance is looking like Jessica Simpsons brain (empty), and if I should invest in those Golf Clubs. Which is when the familiar figure of Madame Desi walks into my room.

"Do you have any Maggi noodles?"

"Eh? No."

"But I thought you would always have Maggi"

"I never had Maggi. But I have oatmeal. U want?"

"Errr.. No."



Next day, I come upon MD, standing next to the Microwave, tearing into two packets of Maggi.


Today, I happen to walk into a meeting and find Madame Desi sitting in it. Fine. Talks are on, my boss is into this critical design decision and Madame Desi, takes out a half cut lemon and starts sucking on it. Yeah, imagine 10 people in a mini-conference room, talking something critical, and Madame Desi takes out a lemon and starts sucking it. Try as much as I could, I couldnt take my eyes off that sight.

And I walked out of the meeting, disturbed.

This was it. None of it was making sense, just like the first two hours of Pulp Fiction. What were all these signs? Why the eccentric behavior? Why was it not falling into place?

And then, I walked up to Madame Desi and asked her, "Are you Pregnant?"

If someone had to ever get as red as a tomato, it had to be her. And if you ever had to see embarassment at its best, you had to see her. And yes, she did nod, in approval.

That explains it all. Some stories can get confusing, but towards the climax, everything falls into place. From today, I have a reason to associate Madame Desi's eccentric behavior. And hopefully this is the last we shall hear of her!

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

case solved!!!

file closed!!!

no more kelas or unglis or bathrooms or photos...

then what will be the source of your posts ?

February 07, 2006 5:27 AM  
Blogger Anita Pillai said...

ahem...should I say Congratulations?!!?

February 07, 2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

hahaha i really doubt this will be the last we hear of her!
imagine...she brings her kids to the office..you'll have tiny MD's running around, asking Uncle Apoo for Maggie, Bananas, How to print colour pictures, 'where do babies come from' etcetc
oh this will be fun =D

February 07, 2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger memphis said...

The story still don’t make any sense! .. u didn’t even touch her or have u .... unknowingly...!!! ;P

February 08, 2006 2:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

humpf! I Do NOT believe that could be the cause of why she has an attack of the 'crazies' every time she's in you vicinity.
It Must Be You.
- Indignant Pregnant Woman

February 08, 2006 3:13 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

Congratulations :D
So how is fatherhood coming along? ;)

February 08, 2006 4:37 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

apoo, tumse yeh umeed nahin thi....

anyway, congratulations... err, kisko boloon? aapko ya MD ko ya dono ko????

:-))

KJ

February 08, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

*Khee khee khee* That's moi sniggering at sensorcaine's comment. Just dropped by to let u know u have one more irate female reader courtesy my recommendation.

February 08, 2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger Lord of all Things said...

ohh congrats ..!! when did that happen ?? tehehe.!! pre-pregnancy bananas and now post pregnant maggis:D wondering wats ur life comming to??

hehe..whoz the husband ?? hehe??
hyukhyuk!!!!

February 08, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Hey, next she will be asking you if you had extra diapers man ! I suggest you go prepared with the 'things she might need' for work. Goodluck!

PS: My word verification is 'fwhhk', go pronouce it !! How appropriate for this post :)

February 08, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer: There is no shortage of weirdos... if nothing else, I'll write about me.

#Demi: Sure

#Anita: Yes. I hope its a girl.

#Mahi: If that happens, I will hire you to work as my personal secretary!

#Memphis: More in my next post about that....

#Sensorcaine: Now it makes more sense. Where were u when I first blogged about her? The mystery would have been solved a long time back!

#Casa: Fatherhood? Huh? Dont tell me you are pregnant?

#KJ: Kissie ko nahi.

#Idea: I shall have my payback time!

#LOAT: Like I would really know!

#Menagerie: Thanks. Now thats like a good friend. Thinking into the future and getting me ready for potential problems. Appreciate it.
'fwhhk" could very well be appropriate for all my posts.

February 08, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

Mahi - Very True.

February 08, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 09, 2006 2:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

solve the mystery? and deprive us of more tales of the 'weird and wonderful'? Never!!

February 09, 2006 2:36 AM  
Blogger Debalina Das said...

Geez, didn't expect this from you ! Of all the ppl in the world, you...you had to do this !!!

Chhi chii chii....deva re deva..is desh ka kya hoga !

;)
[Apoo singing : pone bara baje dono ghar se nikle, whats going on !]

February 09, 2006 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in my office 4 women are pregnant and due arnd the same time... (they are all desis)
imagine our situation!

February 10, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Sensorcaine: My readers thank you for the entertainment

#Deb: Iss desk kii aabaadi badegii... afterall, America needs it!

#Pixoo: U know what, about a year ago it was the same case at work. 5 women, all due. Some one even raised a qeustion in 'happy hours' to our SVP about how he plans to deal with the sudden rush of maternity leaves.

February 11, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

update.
medha, if ure reading this - update to u too (its been a month!!!)

February 13, 2006 6:38 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

apoo

happy valentine day to u..

:-))

February 14, 2006 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home