Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"My Life"

You get up, all grumpy. Like a computer, you execute your commands. Brush, breakfast, leave for work, the same road, the same potholes, the same work, the same people. Leave for home, the same roads, the same potholes, the same chinese lady behind the food counter.... you get the drift.

Till suddenly, one fine day, like today, you get to work, check mail and find a mail from your best buddy. Yeah, out of the blue, a mail from Nishchal with the subject line, "My Life". Now usually if I get a mail from him (which is once in a blue moon - so much for being best pals!!), it'll have the subject line, "Hi" or "Songs". The body of the mail, tho, will be the same. Something like, "I have 5 women in my life. I dont know who to go steady with, so I am giving them all a chance. But its been five months now and they had enough of a chance, so I'm thinking of dumping them all. By the way, do you have this song - "Fixing a Broken Heart". If you do, please send it over. My Mom says Hi and Dad says you should get married. Oh, hope you are doing fine."

So, today when I found a mail from him, with the subject line, saying, "My Life", I was amused. Nevertheless, here is the copy-paste of the email body:

(quote)

Hey Apoo,
As my luck would have it! About a year back , my dad's school friend had called up asking him if it was possible for his daughter to stay at our place. She was coming down for some fashion show. However my dad had to turn it down , cos my parents were going to Nasik that week and I was busy too.

Guess who that girl has turned out to be ??? The new Femina Miss India , Neha Kapoor. :((

Amen !
Nishchal.

(unquote)

I have digested this news in the most calm and mature manner possible. Why you ask? Simply coz I trust Nishchal. To goof up. Now, had she stayed over at his place, the guy would surely have done something to turn her off and I, like a good friend, would be standing right there to catch her off the first bounce. Now the fact that this did not happen (thanks to someone being busy), means I have lost my chance of being Mr. India (no, not the invisible man - I am in no mood for PJ's at this time).

Ok, Nishchal, I know you dont read my blog (coz you are busy!!) but I have a question for ya!

- When someone asks if their daughter who is a model could stay over at your place and your parents are going to Nashik, why the hell would you say you were busy? -

Model.
Fashion show.
Daughter.
Parents not home.
So you and her alone.

And you are busy??


And models have friends in the modelling industry. Who have a high probability of being hot. So if you dont like her, she opens the doors to greener fields. Say this mantra everyday!


In the future if your Dad has any other school friends, whose daughter(s) are potential Miss India's, I AM NEVER BUSY!

And as I take ya leave, I shall leave you with a portrait of what you missed out on.




Note: One good part of my India trip was I got Nishchal to blog. Unfortunately the only thing he writes about is his school life (read: MBA), and clicks photos of him and all the women he proposed to in between lectures. Nevertheless, I'll do him a favour by linking to him. :P

On a serious note, I feel your pain bro. I am always with ya.... guiding you to another Neha Kapur (so I could catch her off the first bounce!!)

P.S: Could you ask your Dad to call up Mr. Kapur and let him know you guys are back from Nashik and Neha could come and stay over anytime?

23 Comments:

Blogger Madame Mahima said...

nischal nischal nischal..shit i really needed a good laugh.. i open your page and BOOM! i read this..
i couldnt stop giggling while reading it!!!!
nischal why on EARTH...
look..i shouldnt be saying this, being a girl and all...but if a girl ever wants to stay over...LET HER!!

and poor apoo...apoo i could almost FEEL ure vibes of sadness and despair and frustration at missing out a chance to get with a hot model..i promise u apoo darling if i ever get to know a hot lady model i'll definitely put in a good word for u !
(and the LEAST u can do is do the same for ME.:@)

AHEM.

March 21, 2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

sorry just i realised i misspelt nishchal's name not once..not twice..but 4 times.
sorry mishchal

March 21, 2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Mahima: U misspelt it again. 'Mishchal'. Thats a new one!!
i promise u apoo darling if i ever get to know a hot lady model i'll definitely put in a good word for u !
(and the LEAST u can do is do the same for ME.:@)

I know some hot lady models, so I have put in a word for you.
I guesss this is pretty shocking news for most blog readers. Didnt know you sway towards the same kinds!!!

March 21, 2006 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wouldnt say "No" even if some of the southie biggies (south ki heroinies aka bulky rotund & fat ladiejj) and this guy says no to some model material... for me, he ranks up there with bird and pals :D

ekdam dhammal post bhai...

March 21, 2006 11:35 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

the mischal thing was a JOKE...


u should try cracking one sometime.

March 22, 2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Iyer: No man, he is nowhere near Anna or Bird or Pals.... he jes makes the wrong choices...

#Mahi: I see. Mishchal was a joke, but getting introduced to HOT LADY models was not eh?

March 22, 2006 12:59 AM  
Blogger Miss M said...

Haha!

Nishchal, chance pe dance kar! If you miss your chance, then u miss your dance! ;)

March 22, 2006 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anybody have neha's blog addy?

and mahi: u?

March 22, 2006 3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want her blog address too...

and talking about wrong choices... i managed to catch a glimpse of liz hurley and arun nayar at nariman pt yesterday... she loooks eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek... arun nayar sure made a wrong choice braathar... thank god it wasnt arun iyer :D

March 22, 2006 3:10 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

abhi - me?
and apoo 'dear' i do not bat for my team. (if u catch my drift and i think u do [no fart jokes please])
unfortunately, i'm as straight as they get.

pfft men.
cant live with em, cant live without em and cant get rid of apoo and his lame 'mahi is lesbian' jokes.
i told you ..just coz i rejected ure pervy advances, doesnt mean some other woman wont love u for them!
=D

March 22, 2006 4:23 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Medha: Shall convey your message to Nishchal. Altho he cant dance, but if u meet him, on you he'll maro solid chance!

#Abhi: Neha blogs?
And yeah.... Mahi too!! Sigh!

#Iyer: I might prefer to have her residence address and phone number. Stop blog stalking!

#Mahi: U r as straight as they get? Prove it.... I wanna see it! :P

March 22, 2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

DREAM
ON
.
:@

March 22, 2006 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That model looks horrible; I don't think, you missed out on anythin' man! Why did your friend pen 'Amen'!?

March 22, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger Nishchal said...

Hey Apo, So I finally read your blog ( Probably cos you told me there's something about me out here) . Reading it didn't really help ease my pain in anyway though :( The only way out now for me is to agree to brad: 'she looks horrible'.

March 23, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Scoot said...

haha if I were the guy ,i would have jumped off the roof...had fun reading this post.got in here thro a friends blog.:)

March 23, 2006 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apoorva,
Is the photo u have posted the same as the Neha kapur coz the photos of the actual neha kapur on times of india dont match with the one on ur blog...Sure u lookin at the right one!!!!
The one that won miss india is really ugly!!! i may sound prejudiced but i am sorry the country is so set on IT now a days that they choose Miss indias too like cheap branded computers.

Do dont get the hopes high!!! Any one can go to miss India now a days. You can too if this is the way they are choosing now..( only thing u need is a sex change.)

Nishal u did the right thing. i support thee. i know you were not that desperate.

March 23, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Mahi: About what? :P U being straight?

#Brad: One mans poison, other mans food.... hmmm... why dont I leave Nishchal to answer that?

#Nishchal: Even u look horrible. SO u guys would make a good pair :P
I still say that u try for her!

#Maya: Welcome. Glad u enjoyed it. Yeah.... I hope Nishchal jumps off the roof!

#Anon: Yup. Its surely her. And well, I think callng her ugly is being a lil extreme, but I think you are entitled to your opinion. She looks fine to me, perhaps not the best from some views. But the contest is not only about the looks.
But you bring up a good point about going for the crown. I'll let Bird grow his hair for a year and make him compete next.

March 24, 2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

lol! better luck next time ( to both u and nischal)!

March 26, 2006 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I just got off Nischal's blog. That guy rocks! He's lucky to be NOT with the bimbette! Honestly, she takes the title of 'Yuck', http://nowrunning.com/photoFeature/Missindia_s/n01.jpg

March 27, 2006 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apoorva,
If you are talking Miss india is beyond looks et all.. i agree..but telling that neha kapoor is all that. i disagree.
she has neither looks ( u know that!!! she looks good only when u cant see her. u chose the correct foto in ur blog ..good from far but far from good) nor intelligence.( why do i say No intelligence cause she is chosen by judges who have limited knowledge themselves-- Karisma kapoor -intelligent i doubt she ever went to school- beautiful??? she looks like Raj Kapoor without a moushe---)
Karan Johar ---well what can i say abt the gay?? ..i mean guy.
i can go on abt the rest.
Read this article

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ponds_Femina_Miss_India_Contest_2006-95417-1.html

Deadly written!!!

you will know what i mean and dude,please maintain standards.

Femina cant!! u can!!!! Right
!!
Not all that glitters is gold.

Helping ...a common event (may or may not happen)
expecting her to be a goodlooking
is 1)expecting way too much... 2) a rare event
and trying to portray one has missed such a rare event...
plain stupid and not required coz such events are best when missed.


Ask the viewers... All are dissappointed!!!

March 27, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Sonia: Thengew! =D

#Brad: Yup... I seen the pic before. I agree, not the best of pics!

#Anon: I think u need to take it easy. Lets give people the credit that they deserve. You might have some valid reasoning out there, but lets take it off line.... coz its not what this post was meant for. I would be more than happy to exchange some pictures and have discussions offline about these women u have mentioned. :)

March 27, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger anjali* said...

Aiyo. Talk about missed opportunity! Better luck next time, dude! ;)

March 28, 2006 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

APOO said...
#Brad: Yup... I seen the pic before. I agree, not the best of pics!

i would rephrase it to "its not the best of picks not pics"..
lolz...no offense
Also,
Nischal u missed free tickets to the show where u cud have met better potentials than her ofcourse.
Better luck next time.
God always gives a second chance ....or third!!!;) doesnt he?
:)
Amrita

March 28, 2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home