Thursday, January 26, 2006

PeeApoo

Since I have written this post on "Why Me?", I try to live up to what I preach and stop saying "Why Me?". But some incidents do not stop people around me to take notice and say - "Why You Apoo?"

22nd Jan, 2006.
Abhi and I head out to watch Zinda. Once the movie is done (which BTW, is a really good movie), Abhi walks out, lead by Me, to the rest room. At this point, lets split this post into two different views.

-Abhi's side of the story-

So Apoo heads off to this pee section on the other side, hidden by a wall, while I am near the wash basin, splashing water on my face and combing my hair (which, these days is a very tough task).

I hear this flush noise, which sounds kinda weird and someone go - "WOW". I wonder why someone would go "WOW" as he would pee (I mean, imagine looking at your pee-pee and saying - WOW!).... but the whole scene is hidden by a wall between the wash area and the pee area.

Then I hear Apoo behind me, saying, "Abhi, look at this" and I turn around to see Apoo drenched with water (I was hoping it was water) waist down. Pants all wet. Like his waist down was hit by a hurricane. I could not help but think. Apoo pee'd in his pants!!

-End Abhi's side of the story-



-Begin Apoo's side of the story-

I head off to pee while Abhi hangs around in the wash area. Now am sure all you ladies have visited a mens loo once in your life. If not, in any case, am sure you all know about those famous stand-up booths men use to pee away. Let me not go into the details of the pee, but lets move to the point when I am done, all zipped up and like a good citizen, ready to flush.

Now usually a flush in any pee-station would work in a gentle fashion. Spray out gently like a water sprinkler, gather all the pee in its current and then drain away. Here, things were different. When you hit the flush, it was like the dam of a high capacity river opening up. It was like the 37 inches of Mumbai rain, but all of the water coming out of the flush in 2 seconds.

So sploosh. The water crashes into the pee station, and splashes right onto me, of course, with my pee as company. So here I am standing all drenched, waist down, while the chap standing behind me goes - "Wow"

In an utter state of shock, I walk out to the wash area and say, "Abhi, look at me"

- End Apoo's side of the story-



Abhi: "Dude, kya hua?"
Me: "Man, the flush just flushed back on me. This is like, I peed on myself man"
Abhi: "Hahahahahahaha"
Me: "Abbe, gimme, paper napkins or something."
Abhi: "Dude, they are out of 'em"

- Silence -

Abhi: "Hahahahahahaha. Why does this happen to you only man?"
Me: "Brighter side. Thank God you are not a girl. Imagine walking out like this to a girl on your first date."
Abhi: "Chal, lets go"
Me: "Dude, this is still dripping wet..... *grin* ok, lets go"

And we happily walk out of the FAME ADLABS mall. I got a few whacko kinda stares, and I smiled back at them, which made them think I was surely whacko! The auto-rickshaw guy kept complaining that all of Mumbai was going dirty and he can smell piss everywhere.

I agree. Only if people flushed!

Be a good citizen. Always flush!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why is mahima calling you a-pee? is it context specific?.. but neways man, i hope this incident happened after the movie ended and not in the interval...

agar interval mein hua to, i cant imagine what you must have went thru in the second half of the movie :)

January 26, 2006 11:15 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Demi: U tell me!

#Mahi: I think its your curse... all that Apee Apee actually made Apoo into an Apee.
But on a date, if I might just have to visit the toilet, I'll take her along to show her its not my fault! Howz that work?

#Iyer: Bhaiii... it was at the end of the movie... not that it would make a difference. Just, Abhi would be subject to few more hours of pee smell.

January 27, 2006 2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ajo I thing u should take yur date to the toilet ... U know why??...
full unfaithfull style ...

Dude the worst thing tht can happen to u now is ...u go for a dump and then realise tht U r out of paper tissue and worst there is no news paper around ...then u can say ....why me????
-Amit

January 27, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Eww, why did I read this post! You are crazy man!

January 27, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Amit: Toilet paper. I check!

#Menagerie: What took u so long to figure that out?

January 27, 2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

ROTFL!!!!!

Why u Indeed, APOO...WHY??

ROTFL!!!!!

January 28, 2006 3:58 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

:lol:
Think they ought to release comic books based on you... you'll outsell Dennis any day! ;)

January 28, 2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Apoo..

u have a tag waiting for u...

go ahead...

:-))

January 29, 2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger Alap Ghosh said...

It's not just you bro ... trust me it isnt ...

You should see the hilarious shit that keeps happening to Prachi.

Why isn't Prachi blogging?

Snickety brickety ... Got to talk to her about this ... she has a funny episode each day.

January 31, 2006 1:11 AM  
Blogger Casablanca said...

I didnt think peeing could be such an interesting activity... but you surely made an event out of it :D

January 31, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

nahhh apee if shes smart she'll know that she should only meet u in public places :P and not follow u around to dark dingy toilets!

iyer, nah its not context specific..i always call him apee....i guess maybe i didnt realise what i was predicting!

February 01, 2006 11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!! poor thing...next time, run 10 ft away the minute u flush. ;)

*hopped over from anjali's place*

February 01, 2006 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you have been scarred for life now! NOW...Imagine yourself flushing the pee pot, duck, watch, check, gauge if everything is alright and then keep fingers crossed- ALL YOUR LIFE!!! :P

February 02, 2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home