Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lage Raho, Munna Bhai....

The last long weekend of summer and pretty much a kickoff for Fall and I find myself in NY/NJ. Its been raining since the last 48 hours. Driving up in traffic has not been a pleasure. And this rain is making my every-ready-to-party friends all sleepy. Barbeque plans have been scrapped and its left me with not much to do but spend time updating my blog whilst others get a shut eye.

The awesome part so far has been watching "Lage Raho Munnabhai". Somehow I had hugh expectations from this movie and it pretty much went way beyond expectations. An amazing follow-up to the first part, altho the two dont have too much of a link, so if you havent seen Part 1, it doesnt stop you from watching this one. I am not going to go about talking much about the story, but its definitely worth a see.



I think Sanjay Dutt can play this goon kinda role to perfection. And he puts up a brilliant show in this comedy. His sense of comic timing, dialogue delivery and expressions are just perfect.




Vidya Balan never looked better. If you thought Gracy Singh was a fresh draft of air, this girls taken it to a higher level. I'll usually drool over Dia Mirza (who also happens to play a part in this story), but this time, Balan took the droolotrophy.



And just like the prequel, Warsi is the underdog who ends up with the best lines in this movie. Hats off to this guy. I dont think anyone would ever fit Circuits shoes more than Warsi.

Apart from being a laugh riot, this movie carries an awesome social message. And its put across very well. It'll make you laugh, it'll get you emotional and it'll make you ponder upon the present state of things.

A must see! Karan Johar, please take some clues!

Another plus point of coming to NJ is the desi food available in abundance. Since setting foot in US of A, I have always been keen with the idea of setting up a Merwans (the one close to Andheri Stn - West) kinda joint. Hot Breads is the American answer to Merwans. Ah! Chicken Tikka Puff. I could keep eating that! Dabeli, Vada-Pau, and Black Forest Pastry. It happens only in... NJ! Of course, I have had my fair share of Gujju Uncles acting weird with me by now....

Hopefully the rain is gonna slow down tomorrow and I can head into the city. The city is always happening so I should have some interesting stories unfolding over here. Keep checking back...

And now I am off to do another desi thingy.... play carrom.

18 Comments:

Blogger exclusively_me said...

yeh i sure lov circuit...altho i havnt yet seen the sequel..but one things for sure i hope this movie has many more sequels...lol!
karan johar... r u listening...? no one wants sob stories nymore..!


yeh and have fun eating ckicken tikas ...and playing carron..
lage raho apoo bhai!!

September 03, 2006 3:37 AM  
Blogger Anita Pillai said...

correction...we have hot breads in MI too...and people think MI is a dead place...hmph!

September 03, 2006 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

abe i went for the movie too yesterday ..in jersey city lol..

September 03, 2006 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey apoo, we saw the movie in laurel w/ umd junta yesterday as well..it's pretty funny..prolly as good if not better than the first one (and definitely makes up for watching the super crappy KANK)

and youve prolly heard this a million times - but your similarities w/ arshad warsi are getting to be pretty scary.

-kallu

September 03, 2006 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...I knew everyone in Mumbai saw the movie this weekend but apparantly the NRIs did too! I agree...my review reads pretty much the same.

September 04, 2006 4:21 AM  
Blogger Garam Bheja Fry said...

glad in NJ with a mv tkt in one hand and a chikn tikka puff in the other...life's god for ye..

September 04, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Madame Mahima said...

of courrrrse warsi rocks...it helps that u kinda resemble him too right ;)

September 04, 2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Miss M said...

The music is good too!

September 04, 2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mahi, do you just dislike Warsi a lot or have you turned over a new leaf where Apoo is concerned? :D

By the way...I've shifted to Wordpress...see the URL I've signed in with.

September 05, 2006 12:42 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Exclusive: :) I agree, it could do with many more sequels.

#Anita: U do? Wow, I need to mark MI down as "a place I could move to" now!

#Pooh: Nah, I was nowhere around Jersey City... but I was at the US Open - sudden plans! U need to answer your phone!

#Kallu: Saale, we missed you. Dont talk about the resemblance man. I am already fearing my flight back to India, taking my previous experience into account.

#Smithy: Mahi and Me share a love-hate relationship. We love to hate each other and hate to love the other. Its no new leaf, she was prolly down one tequila too many over the weekend ;)

#Cardamom: Yup, life is good.

#Mahi: Dont remind me!

#Medha: Yup. Its not bad!

September 05, 2006 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am yet to watch it... saala gaav mein ek bhi theater nahi hai :P

September 05, 2006 3:48 AM  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Great! One more reason to see it now...had liked the first one. :)

Btw, these pics are real neat!

And I feel Sanju baba's really getting better as he grows older... and Warsi rocks as Circuit!

September 06, 2006 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sahi bola mamu, fully to majja aaya picture dekh ne ko

September 07, 2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

i LOVVVED that movie! Circuit was the besstttt! :)

September 07, 2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

I wanna waaaaaaaaaatch!

September 07, 2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

November 08, 2006 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

November 08, 2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best

November 08, 2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home