Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Should Update More Often

OK, I know - I suck at blogging these days. Somedays I come very close to quitting. Its not like I dont have much to blog, but some things are so personal that I would rather go anonymous and blog with a I dont give a damn about the world, or I continue blogging here and try to be as diplomatic as possible.

Anyhoo - whats new, or rather whats routine is for the last one month I have been doing 12 hour days at work which include weekends (hence the lack of blogging). While at this, my boss is been very helpful in keeping us on a high calorie, high fat diet. However one incident made me realize the dramatic change which can be once you are married. For now, if my we feel - "We want this today", I'll sit till midnight and get it out. However over lunch this Saturday - it was with my entire team at Olive Garden, some had come with their significant other. My boss asked my colleagues wife (they got married few months ago), on how she is enjoying married life? "Enjoy? We are recently married and you keep my husband at work 12 hours a day. How am I supposed to enjoy? I still feel like I am single" Both my boss and my colleague were in shock!

Good I am not married. I would feel so guilty. About not working extra when required (what? you can get a new job with a salary hike - getting a new wife is very expensive).

On a different note, I turned 68 last Thursday. Its ok, you can wish me now. I had anyways forgotten. However, they ordered pizza at work, which was my birthday treat. On regular days we goto Olive Garden and Joes Crab Shack. On birthdays, we order pizza. I think my team does not like me.

I actually managed to look up at the way I have evolved. Working in statistics, looking at data and noticing a trend to predict future models is something I am breaking my head over. So I thought, lemme use moi as a test subject.


1979: The nuisance is born (and someone is fiddling with my private parts). The very happy age where you could pee on any and everyone without getting rapped for it. As a matter of fact, people used to get excited about you peeing on someone!





1981/2: I would have carried on, but I thought, lemme give Sachin a chance and gave up what would have been an illustrious career. The way India has blow its chances in the World Cup, I think I should have continued playing.



I remember starting off left handed, and Dad came and flipped me around. After a while, again I went to left handed and Mom laughed. "Oh, he seems to be left handed". And then I picked up a pencil and started writing my first few letters. And my great grand-mom took the pencil from my left hand and put it in my right hand.

After all that, I now bat left handed and write right handed. And people feel amused. I also play chess right-handed.



1990: My first medal and broken teeth. Picked up a bronze for boxing.





1997: Making my first ever extortion call.





2001: I have no clue why that pose! But the stomach seems to have expanded.




2007: What someone called as 'The Grudge Look'






2011: Lets not forget the main idea of this post - to take all data till now and model it to show how I would look into the future.


Just more bald than he looks!

Hope everyones having a good one!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger KJ said...

Which snap shud i show to miss finnish? she has been asking for ur snap...

all ok naa? u sound a bit low.

hugs

KJ

April 03, 2007 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye! What you dont give a damn about the world and all?!! Cheer up!!!! :) And dont quit blogging ok! :)

Nice pics!
And take care. :)

April 03, 2007 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bday, pretty late now...but still the wishes are all there :)

And dont even think of quitting! I'll hv to then make my own first extortion call ;-))

April 03, 2007 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy budday and such likes... chal ab daroo pila... call karke tereko zyaada khapaya nahi naa is liye...

now daroo time... or else i will call...

April 03, 2007 6:15 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

**Everyone** - No I am not gonna quit blogging. So that shud set things straight.

#KJ: I have given up on Miss Finnish. Tell her to find herself some other nice guy. Yes, perfectly OK here! :) Hug Back!

#Medha: Thengew!

#Deepak: Thank You sir! And no, I shall not!

#Iyer: I have been a bad guy and not returned your calls. I shall do so...
When u r down in Baltimore, all sorts daaru shaaru on me. I would have offered you more but now you are a married man! :P

April 03, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger Di said...

terrific pics :)..ofcourse except ahem..u can guess which...;)i wish i cud put up a similar post..but i haaaate all of my pics! :-/ and yeah happy 68th! ;)

April 04, 2007 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah. Drats...I play chess left-handed.

April 04, 2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

Okay, so I would have totally dated you in 1990! Seriously! You were that cute!

Sigh!

April 04, 2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Di: Thank you! And put up some pics! NOW!!

#Brad: Ah! So you are not my long lost brother!

#Menagerie: How about 2011? Utans are cute as well!

April 04, 2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Anjali: LOL!
Coe to think of it... I never evolved did I?

April 05, 2007 1:45 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Chanced upon your blog and I liked it a lot. very funny and nicely written.
will be back.

April 10, 2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

lol anj was right u are funny ;p

April 18, 2007 5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appu,
You are in sublime form with blogging. I find your baby photo damn cute and funny. I almost burst out laughing in my cube at work.....had to control.
Many happy returns of the day ofcourse.......just so we can see what you really look like in 2011.
take care,
Ajay

May 04, 2007 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home