Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pushing Out Of The Comfort Zone

A colleague working with me since some time says adios to her job tomorrow. Before she moved here in a consulting role, she worked with another company for 20 years. She, my boss and I happened to bump into each other at the coffee machine / water cooler few days ago. When asked by my boss where she was headed to, she replied with a "Nowhere". While working here, she started her own thing from home. And now, a few years from its conception the business is doing well and she is heading into it full time. The first question she got was - "Doesnt it scare you? To give up the security of a job and start something?"


"Till you dont push yourself out of your comfort zone you'll never know what you can achieve. For 20 years I stayed at the same job and didnt move, because of the security. The comfort. I finally decided to move here so I could be closer to home and give more time to my business. Now I wish I had done this 10 years ago. You have to get out of your comfort zone. Initially its hell, but in the end its worth it"


I couldnt agree more. Stronger muscles are built by tearing them down and pushing them to their limits and a little more. Its simple. You wont know if you can do it, unless you try it.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job pops

now, are we opening that Daaru stall in andheri station or not?

March 23, 2007 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very true. reminds me of Seth Godin's philosophy.

March 23, 2007 5:21 AM  
Blogger Menagerie said...

So true..Nothing stops us from doing and achieving anything but our own doubts and hesitations..!

Hmm, daaru stall, that sounds like my idea, you stealing my bizness ideas kya?

March 24, 2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Abhi: Yes. Defi!
Also, paayasam shots!

#Raj: :) We like that guy dont we - Seth Godin.

#Menagerie: That is so not your idea. I dont wanna spill out your ideas in public (coz u asked me not to) but a daaru stall outside Andheri stn. is a copyright Bird.

March 25, 2007 12:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How appropriate. I am leaving my job soon too to try out something new. It's scary, but I thought no risk, no gain. Details soon. :-)

March 25, 2007 11:33 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Anjali: What is it? I would like to go into partnership if you making BIG $$$ =D

On a serious note, good luck. Am sure u'll do well.

March 27, 2007 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, but then overcoming that fear itself is a bit too much effort!

March 29, 2007 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude sahi hai .,.. so when r u going to come out n take a rsik a chance ....:-)...dude kar dal ...bol dal ...
Amit

April 02, 2007 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does having to get up from your chair to reach out for the remote qlfy as being out of your comfort zone....if so..

then i can tell you by exp...indeed Initially its hell, but in the end its worth it

April 02, 2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

shes extremly correct - its the easiest thing in the world to fall into a comfort zone - unless u decide to take risks u will never grow

April 18, 2007 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home