Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Difficult Choice

Recently I was out at a bar/club, trying to shake muh butt. Which is when I realized.... (I'll have to flashback here).

[start flashback]

I used to be a pathetic dancer. Remember we used to play langdii as kids? (Langdii is a game where you hop around on one leg, chasing others running around on two legs). Yes, thats how I used to look when I danced. So eventually I gave up dancing and became, what one of my friend calls, wall-flower. Drink in hand, leaning against the wall, staring at other people dancing. Now, thanks to my orientation, I would stare more at some girl dancing really well (compared to some guy dancing really well). And then go home a happy man, with a mental picture of the girl doing her dance steps. And this went on for a long time. And then it all came to a grinding halt when I gave up drinking. End of clubbing, end of hanging out at bars. Just happy mental pictures of the girls doing their dance steps.

[end flashback]

Now, like I mentioned, I recently went to a bar/club. No drink in hand, I got bored of being a wallflower and decided to dance. What the hell if it looks like I was playing langdii, I would get some exercise. And so I hit the dance floor.

To my surprise, I was not doing the langdii anymore. Remember all those pretty dance steps I kept playing over and over in my mind. I think my body had become accustomed to those dance steps and there I was, one-hot-dancer-chick, trapped in Apoorva's body! I had to call it quits halfway through Shakira's "Hips Dont Lie" when few of the girls dancing next to me stopped, stared at me and started copying my dance moves. That was the all time low (or high, depending how you see it).

So, now I am stuck with a difficult decision to make.

I could start staring at guys who dance well. And hope their dance moves overwrite the womanly dance moves in my brain.

I could continue dancing like a woman and put Shakira to shame!

I could go back to alcohol and become a wall-flower.

I could spend Saturday nights at Barnes & Noble reading "My Experiments with Truth".

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm embarrassed here pops .. i don't usually get here.

July 05, 2007 3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you dont experiment truth by reading books... you experiment by getting drunk... and its not ordinary truth i am talking about... THE SUPREME TRUTH... does that make the choice difficult?

July 05, 2007 7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correction...

you "experience" truth by getting drunk...

July 05, 2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream said...

Barnes and bloody Noble??!!! Sacrilege!!! You ought to be patronising the nice independent bookshps!!! Preferably, start Apoo's Dancing Classes in one of them and make one helluva evening outta it. Haan.. this is a sureshot way of atracting brainy and hot chicks ;)

July 05, 2007 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with dewdropdream!

get yours! :P

July 06, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger Di said...

himalay pe jaake sanyas le lijiye..for the benefit of the society.. :P

July 06, 2007 11:17 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

#Abhi: Wait till you see me in action.

#Iyer: From what I know... u experiment with wires and electricity when you are drunk :P

#Dewdrop: LOL.... brilliant idea. I hire you as my assistant in marketing the dance-like-shakira-with-Apoo classes.

#Sanjana: I hire you as Dewdrops assistant.

#Di: Are you sure? All the sadhu's and sanyasis in the Himalayas will start hip-shakin'!!

July 11, 2007 11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't a video help all readers to decide better? ;-P

July 12, 2007 3:55 AM  
Blogger DewdropDream said...

I agree with Deepak... but in the event that you do start your classes in a bookshop and I finally do give in to being your assistant, I'll take the course for free, a salary, one cinammon latte a day and a Stradivarius as payment... Barabar che??

July 13, 2007 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you need to read M.K. Gandhi's book, buddy. After this post, you are an incarnate!

July 14, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger Supernova said...

Strange! i thought after 4 pegs it dznt matter if u r dancing lk a gal or a bear!
U can end up creating a new dance style:D

July 16, 2007 4:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i dance a lot in my musings with a left and right foot but in reality with two directionless feet. wish i had your kind of magic total recall ;)

July 20, 2007 3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home