Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Linking Part

Oh well, call this lazy blogging or call it information sharing. Nothing much to write about this time, except for providing you guys with some links about events happening around in the last few days.

One day man landed on the moon. Now Google goes to the moon. Check it out
here or also here, and make sure you zoom in to the maximum. These guys know how to work and have fun. And they are the best example of word-of-mouth marketting.

Taking on
Google maps satellite imaging, MSN goes live with Virtual Earth. I am having fun playing around with it. You dont need their zoom bar to move in. You can just use the scroller on your mouse. And they zoom into the image much much much more than Google. Also brilliant features like "Locate Me". Unfortunately, no maps for India are available. But hey guys, just try Baltimore, MD. You'll know where I am.

Edit [7/27]: I had a typo in a link. Instead of virtualearth.msn.com, I typed virtualearth.man.com. Hmmm... Someone needs to warn Microsoft.

Next generation of Windows (code named LongHorn) is going to be called Windows Vista. Hmmmm... its Italian for something to do with "Visual Beauty" or something on similiar lines. VISTA! Sounds like a new car being luanched. Suzuki Vista! Also reminds me of my Visa Card. Donno why.

Also, I didnt know my blog was public and up for sale.
Check this out. Blogshares is something I discovered few days back. Try it out, its good fun. A stock market simulation where your blog is your company and you can trade in other shares too. Good timepass when you have nothing to do.

And I heard about the incessant rains in Mumbai. I think the phone lines are down so I cant get in touch with Mom or Dad. I hear that my Uncle is stuck in his office without electricity and had to have biscuits for dinner. Why do I sense my aunt was smiling when she told me that! Heh! Also read, the Harbour Locals were not really affected. Does this mean, that when the entire Mumbai got a day off,
Bird was travelling to work? Bird, I wanna hear about it! Anyone else have any horror stories? Did anyone I know head out for a swim? IdeaSmith loves the rains. Do we get some poetry on the tapur-tupurs? What say?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont ask anyone in mumbai about it, atleast me...

its the second day running and i am here in the office and not sure if i can get back home...

nothing cud have happened to bird except a few wet feathers and he would have been just fine, sipping "cutting chai" at happy

July 27, 2005 1:48 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

you mean sipping cutting chai, sitting in a raft outside Happy?

If happy goes underwater (which is very likely considering the level it is at), Bird will suffer from a heart attack.

Which makes me wonder, is Merwans still dry? Thats one place that does good business thanks to my family.

July 27, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

Stop making horrible jokes, you nasty man.....if you're really interested, read my latest crib-fest. Else, like Iyer says....don't ask anyone in Mumbai about it. This rain has put the absolute damper on everyone's spirits.

July 28, 2005 5:45 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

OKKK... forgive this erring soul.

July 28, 2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Love that Virtual Earth link. Thanks!

July 28, 2005 9:27 PM  
Blogger APOO said...

No problemo! Altho you prolly wanna say the Thank You's to those working at Microsoft.

July 29, 2005 12:13 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

Interesting info. Blogshares does seem exciting!

July 29, 2005 11:50 AM  
Blogger Debalina Das said...

Perhaps Mumbai got the much needed cleansing treatment !

July 30, 2005 1:29 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Nicole, I've learnt the art of ignoring you :)

Couchie: It comes with a warning. Only if u have the time!

Deb: Well, as more news comes in, it does make me sad about the lives lost and the damages done. I guess the impact is greater when you experience it. Mumbai wont be cleansed till we flush out the corruption from the system. A better infrastructure might have made a difference in saving some lives.

July 30, 2005 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home