Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Devdas -v/s- Apoorva

In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's epic Devdas, Shahrukh Khan (who plays the central character of Devdas), stares at Chandramukhi (Madhuri Dikshit) and says something like:

[Hindi]
"Ek aurat maa hoti hai, behen hoti hai, beti hoti hai, patni hoti hai. Aur inn main se kuch na ho toh woh vaishya hoti hai."


Apoorva says:

[Hindi]
"Ek aurat maa hoti hai, behen hoti hai, beti hoti hai, patni hoti hai. Aur inn main se kuch na ho toh woh AVAILABLE hoti hai."


Who is more romantic?

You decide.....!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

none?

will i get my reward now

June 01, 2005 5:42 AM  
Blogger Arjun said...

Of course, you version seems much better. You could even think of sending it to Mr. Bhansali! ;)

June 01, 2005 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

devdas was never meant to be romantic... he was a sad alcoholic... so no comparisons made... but urs was a fantastic pick up line... will try and use it at "juhu galli"

June 01, 2005 8:53 AM  
Blogger APOO said...

Yes Abhi, turn around....

Couch, I am gonna make my own movie. Why involve Bhansali?

Iyer, it figures, I had indulged in some alcohol before that post. I think alcohol and romance are linked, somewhere...! And I'll give ya some better pick up lines... even the Juhu Galli standards have gone up nowdays!

Arpi, you know me well. 4 pegs. Fact that I recollect the number is proof of the fact that alcohol had not had its effect

June 01, 2005 10:31 PM  
Blogger IdeaSmith said...

I like both the lines....cos they're vile and closer to the truth than they seem....just like most men I know.

June 04, 2005 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home